LedLenser F1, M7RX and M14X

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the test Robin. The runtime curve of the LED Lenser F1 is really disappointing :(

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
Just received my LL - F1, trying it out as my Tech light for daily work,
I'm using rechargeable Tenergy RCR123A LiPo 3V batteries, these are new batteries and so far I'm impressed with the run time daily usage as a Tech light at work,
The battery is still on its first charge and is showing 3.24V and 100% on my ZTS tester after a week of playing around.
The Low setting I find very useful, it's more than bright enough to do the Job, and can leave some juice in the tank.
Also I noticed the light seems neutral white.
Another nice feature is the clip can be slotted in two places, and fits perfectly on a peak cap.
I do miss the wide angle zoom of my LL P5R which is currently my daily Tech light (also useful as it has the USB charger).
The LL wide zoom is really useful when you need an even spread of light, the hotspot I find a bit glaring.
Price wise the F1 was a little expensive $68, but compared to say the Nitecore EC1 at $86 maybe not, these are local prices, and I would have had to pay shipping on the EC1.

Might post some more info in a few weeks time.

utlgoa

Enlightened
I just got the M7RX back from Led Lenser and it's still not focusing properly due to the loose lens. I'm going to continue to mail it back until it is repaired or replaced. So far I will have paid $15.00 for postage for the free repairs.
I own the M7RX and its a great light, but I am in the process of mailing it back to Led Lenser a second time for a loose lens.

I still have faith in the company and I am looking forward to purchasing the M17R as soon as it is on the market. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKwQ4ciaUnY

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
Just received my LL - F1, trying it out as my Tech light for daily work,
I'm using rechargeable Tenergy RCR123A LiPo 3V batteries, these are new batteries and so far I'm impressed with the run time daily usage as a Tech light at work,
The battery is still on its first charge and is showing 3.24V and 100% on my ZTS tester after a week of playing around.
The Low setting I find very useful, it's more than bright enough to do the Job, and can leave some juice in the tank.
Also I noticed the light seems neutral white.
Another nice feature is the clip can be slotted in two places, and fits perfectly on a peak cap.
I do miss the wide angle zoom of my LL P5R which is currently my daily Tech light (also useful as it has the USB charger).
The LL wide zoom is really useful when you need an even spread of light, the hotspot I find a bit glaring.
Price wise the F1 was a little expensive $68, but compared to say the Nitecore EC1 at $86 maybe not, these are local prices, and I would have had to pay shipping on the EC1.

Might post some more info in a few weeks time.

Update:
The F1 seems to use one battery per week as a daily EDC Tech light, the lower lumen mode is the right intensity to do my Tech work and inspections, I also like the size , it fits neatly in a pocket.
Further:
I removed the bezel from my F1 and popped the lens off , did a tail stand and the flood light was brilliant, this is of interest perhaps to someone who might want to mod the light into a pure flood (Mule).

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's there if you ever need it, and it doesn't get into the way of typical usage because it's last in the mode sequence.

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
It's there if you ever need it, and it doesn't get into the way of typical usage because it's last in the mode sequence.

I agree,
Strobe can be very useful, I've just acquired a Klarus X11 purely for the high powered strobe as a self defense tool, it's a one click strobe on.
Often have to meet my wife when she comes off the train and muggers hang in the subway, you pop this Baby on strobe before going into a dark subway, even I get a chill !

Marvin-n-NC

Newly Enlightened
New Flashaholic here. I Just received my F1 today. Out of the box it seems to be a quality product and will be durable. I bought this as a back up light.
After reading all information available this seemed like a good purchase. Seems to do what I need it to do. The switch will take a little getting used to.
I do like the reversible clip. Light enough I can clip it on my cap while camping or small outside products. I will update after I get outside at night.

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
New Flashaholic here. I Just received my F1 today. Out of the box it seems to be a quality product and will be durable. I bought this as a back up light.
After reading all information available this seemed like a good purchase. Seems to do what I need it to do. The switch will take a little getting used to.
I do like the reversible clip. Light enough I can clip it on my cap while camping or small outside products. I will update after I get outside at night.

So far , I'm enjoying the F1, the Tenergy RCR123 - 3V cells I use work ok, the light does get a little hot on High , but I seldom keep it on for long, it's my EDC belt light (using a Nitecore holster).

jupello

Enlightened
Ooh, that robin24k's review implies that F1 has switch that combines all the good in forward & reverse clickies! Momentary on with half press + mode changes with half press + switch that locks on with full press. :thumbsup: That's how switches should be done!

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
Ooh, that robin24k's review implies that F1 has switch that combines all the good in forward & reverse clickies! Momentary on with half press + mode changes with half press + switch that locks on with full press. :thumbsup: That's how switches should be done!

That's common with LEDlenser tail clicky mode changes and can get very confusing on the M series.

Marvin-n-NC

Newly Enlightened
I have now had a chance to test this light in a few different situations and I have to say it has uses but would not work for me if it was my only light.
For momentary use to run a quick check on something it is great. Easy on and easy to switch to low beam and them off. Compact (biggest advantage) and easy to carry or store anywhere. The reversible clip makes carrying even easier. It is small enough and light enough that it can even be clipped on the brim of my hat.
The down is that it does reduce to 10% draw after 2 minutes making you wonder if your battery is getting weak or is it malfunctioning. And yes it does eat batteries.
It is not as good as I hoped for but it is a light I will use often.

Amafan

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered an F1 from 17th Street Photo. Less than $50. Looks perfect as a back up light.

Pinvin78

Newly Enlightened
I am new here, I'm glad to be here:)

I own a Led Lenser F1 (and a titanium S10 Baton, by the way:).
I live in Europe, Hungary. I've tried two different (Conrad and noname) RCR123 battery so far, I think they are 3.0V. The F1 shuts down in a half second, every time I try to use it. With any CR123 (nonrechargable) cell it work flawlessly - but what a waste, not eco friendly, by any means, to dispose all those CR123s..:)
Anyways, I like this light a lot, the look, the feel, the style:)

Dirtbasher mentioned, that he uses F1 with rechargable Tenergy LiPo 3V.

Is this true, is it possible to use this light with RCR123? Exactly which one is tested, and proved to work with this light? I would order batteries from the US, if necessary:)

Thank you for your assistance, and I'm not a native speaker, sorry for my mistakes.

cre8ure

Newly Enlightened
I am new here, I'm glad to be here:)

I own a Led Lenser F1 (and a titanium S10 Baton, by the way:).
I live in Europe, Hungary. I've tried two different (Conrad and noname) RCR123 battery so far, I think they are 3.0V. The F1 shuts down in a half second, every time I try to use it. With any CR123 (nonrechargable) cell it work flawlessly - but what a waste, not eco friendly, by any means, to dispose all those CR123s..:)
Anyways, I like this light a lot, the look, the feel, the style:)

Dirtbasher mentioned, that he uses F1 with rechargable Tenergy LiPo 3V.

Is this true, is it possible to use this light with RCR123? Exactly which one is tested, and proved to work with this light? I would order batteries from the US, if necessary:)

Thank you for your assistance, and I'm not a native speaker, sorry for my mistakes.

Hi Pivin,

Several colleagues tried with 16340 Batteries and it is definitly not supported to use 3,7 V batteries. Using this will damage your light. You will have to stick to quality CR123 Batteries

german discussion
http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/zweibrueder-led-lenser/19172-review-led-lenser-f1.html

Pinvin78

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the reply, and I'm said to hear that...
I fully undertstnd, that overheating can be an issue, and it can damage the electronics or emitter.
Still, my question is, that is it possible to turn it on with any of the RCRA batteries? I only need it for very short periods, like 10-20 seconds.

Pinvin78

Newly Enlightened
CRA123 only lights shouldn't exist in the first place... Why should we dispose a lot of cells...
I only light up the street adress number in the night, when a gt out of the car, to visit someone, during work, try to avoid an obstacle, when navigate in the house... Only for a few seconds, or I inspect someones throat, using the low mode... Wouldn't overheat, for sure.

Latest posts