LedLenser F1, M7RX and M14X

välineurheilija

Enlightened
CRA123 only lights shouldn't exist in the first place... Why should we dispose a lot of cells...
I only light up the street adress number in the night, when a gt out of the car, to visit someone, during work, try to avoid an obstacle, when navigate in the house... Only for a few seconds, or I inspect someones throat, using the low mode... Wouldn't overheat, for sure.
This is offtopic but cr123 batteries have ten years to expiration date and they function in extreme low temperatures.so if you have a cold enviroment or if you use the light for emergency purposes that is why we have cr123. :) and welcome to CPF!

Pinvin78

Newly Enlightened
Is there anyone, besides Dirtbasher, who use the F1 with RCR battery succesfully?
I am so excited, that I could use this beautifull light, regularly, without harming the enviroment:) I recharge my RCR with GoalZero Nomad 7 Solar panel and the charger is powerd by 12V cigar lighter adapter:)

välineurheilija

Enlightened
Is there anyone, besides Dirtbasher, who use the F1 with RCR battery succesfully?
I am so excited, that I could use this beautifull light, regularly, without harming the enviroment:) I recharge my RCR with GoalZero Nomad 7 Solar panel and the charger is powerd by 12V cigar lighter adapter:)
I think Dirtbasher used LiFePo battery its more close to 3 volts so it should work but you need a different charger for them.

Pinvin78

Newly Enlightened
THANKS! That is a surprise for me.... I've just ordered life 3v batteries, in this case I should order a charger too:) I see Tenergy charger sold with LiFe batteries, I suppose it is appropriate.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
THANKS! That is a surprise for me.... I've just ordered life 3v batteries, in this case I should order a charger too:) I see Tenergy charger sold with LiFe batteries, I suppose it is appropriate.
IIRC the nominal voltage for LiFePO is 3.2 volts so different charging voltage.i dont remember if there is a charger where you can change the charging voltage.

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened

I have replied to your PM
These are the ones
http://www.tenergy.com/RCR123A-3-0V-750mAh-LiFePO4-Rechargeable-Battery

They come off the charger around 3.4, but drop a little 1 Hour later,
I also bought the light with out checking if it could take RCR123 , and had to search a lot to find batteries , luckily a paintball gun shop stocked them, so I bought a charger and 4 batteries, I have another CR123 light so it is useful to have the RCR handy.

Pinvin78

Newly Enlightened
Thank you guys, my Tenergy LiFePO4 3.0V batteries have arrived, and my F1 works with it!:)
It is funny, that these little things travelled through the globe, to me, in Hungary:)

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
Thank you guys, my Tenergy LiFePO4 3.0V batteries have arrived, and my F1 works with it!:)
It is funny, that these little things travelled through the globe, to me, in Hungary:)

Enjoy, I'm using mine with these batteries about 6 months, and I really like having 400 lumens in a tiny torch!
Have you noticed It also has a decent throw?

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
Just received my LL - F1, trying it out as my Tech light for daily work,
I'm using rechargeable Tenergy RCR123A LiPo 3V batteries, these are new batteries and so far I'm impressed with the run time daily usage as a Tech light at work,
The battery is still on its first charge and is showing 3.24V and 100% on my ZTS tester after a week of playing around.
The Low setting I find very useful, it's more than bright enough to do the Job, and can leave some juice in the tank.
Also I noticed the light seems neutral white.
Another nice feature is the clip can be slotted in two places, and fits perfectly on a peak cap.
I do miss the wide angle zoom of my LL P5R which is currently my daily Tech light (also useful as it has the USB charger).
The LL wide zoom is really useful when you need an even spread of light, the hotspot I find a bit glaring.
Price wise the F1 was a little expensive $68, but compared to say the Nitecore EC1 at $86 maybe not, these are local prices, and I would have had to pay shipping on the EC1.

Might post some more info in a few weeks time.

I have the f1, also tenergy rcr123s. When using them in my f1, high mode slowly fades to a very dull light. If I shut my light off than turn it back on, it automatically goes into low mode...

Pinvin78

Newly Enlightened
The same for me - I guess this is normal, as the voltage drops, after a recharge the brightness restores to it's fullness. This is normal... is it?:)

My S10 Baton and M22 does the same, with RCR123. Only Zebraligt and Armytek makes more complex elecronic regulation, to buff up the decreasing voltage - someone wrote this in CPF recently.

Last edited: