• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LEEF interest thread for SF-C, C cell bodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leef

Enlightened
Brunt, I dunno. Ask Milkyspit (Scott). He's THE MAN about such things.

All, Prototype being built now. I'm anticipating the basic body being a 1xC cell, with 1x extensions being offered, for any length desired.

How does this sound? Would folks rather have the basic body be 2x?

Current switch detail is a flush mounted clicky, probably not a momentary-on type -- to carry the heavy current demands I anticipate for this body (~ 6 A.), the momentary switches may not be available, but could be offered as an option, with lower capacity.

I should be able to post photos of the working prototype by tomorrow. :naughty:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's an M-series body, I don't see anyone using anything smaller than a 2cell body. But not sure if others would want/need a 3cell body in which case you'd still need to make 1cell extenders.

For a C-series body, 1cell would be the way to go since there's LAs available for C-series heads that can run off 1cell (plus the LED modules).

Seems LiteFan is also interested in a C-series body.

Anybody else???

brunt_sp

Enlightened
Thanks Leef. At first glance Milkyspit seems to be mainly LED but I want incandescent. ROP seems to along the lines of what I want. I'll keep looking.

qarawol

Enlightened
A one 'C' cell for me.

I will use it with the 1.5v TTM (To The Max) Turbo Tower Module. Imagine the run time on a 1.2v NiMH 3300+maH battery?

Njoy...

Leef

Enlightened
Brunt, this is just a guess, but Will Quiles may be able to help here. He's an EE and makes nice stuff.

Leef

Enlightened
FIRST LOOK:

Here's the first proto of the LeefBody using the new LiIon C-cells and the SF M-series heads. The one in these pictures take 1xC, and 1xC extenders are on the way (foto tomorrow, I think). The body uses a flush clicky tail switch.

img7807jd1.jpg

img7803uv7.jpg

Comments?

candlelet

Newly Enlightened
Good job Leef, hope you will make 2xc body with 1xc extenders for the M head, and with HA natural as close as possible.

Leef

Enlightened
More photos, with 1-C extender:

img7811fy8.jpg

img7812qk5.jpg

One can use as many extenders as he has batteries.

Tail cap can have lanyard holes.

So -- any interest? Black? Nickel? Grooved? Knurled?

Last edited:

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
That looks really nice.... Leef, don't you ever sleep? I'll have to stay away from your threads for a while for the sake of my wallet....
oh, almost forgot..I vote for black and knurled... :grin2: What did you have in mind for "grooved"?

Leef said:
More photos, with 1-C extender:
etc..

Supernam

Enlightened
WOW, these are AWESOME!!! I'd love for them to match the SF line's body's as close as possible as far as finish and knurling. Can AW's C cells stand up to the M6? Actually, I'm thinking 3 cells and the M4. What do you think?

Last edited:

rdh226

Enlightened
Leef said:
More photos,
So -- any interest? Black? Nickel? Grooved? Knurled?
Hot Damn! Gimme Gimme Gimme Quick Quick Quick

Ermm...yes, definite interest. Black and/or "Natural", definitely knurled, definitely clicky.
And, in the blue-sky department, how about an "inline" switch module a la Mags? (i.e.,
have a switch near the head; I'm not a fan of tailcaps for general-use lights).

Very Nice!

-RDH

flex76italy

Enlightened
Hi Leef,

interested in bare AL or natural, i think the extensions are better than 2x or 3x tube, so you have a modular light when you desire.

Thanks.

Nebula

Enlightened
Leef - I really like the extension concept. As to finish, I like the idea of bare Al, Black, and perhaps a darker NA (at least darker than the tailcaps came out). The knurled looks good, but grooving along the line of dcjs's drawing would be great. KK

brunt_sp

Enlightened
Knurled and natural for me because I believe the SF KT4 and other M-series heads are not available in black.

Last edited:

lexina

Enlightened
Interested in near SF HA colour and 1C size for use with turbo tower mod (with extensions for other apps).

Status
Not open for further replies.