Left Android; Joined IOS

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Got all the iPhone pix onto my shiney new windows machine. Doing 1 DCIM file at a time worked. At times a portion of a folder would move but not the entire contents. At that point I'd open said folder and do control A to highlight all contents, right click, pick copy, and paste to the opened folder on the laptop. Sometimes that had to happen more than once per folder.

Sometimes a particular photo would refuse to copy and cause a disconnect of the iPhone to the Windows machine. I'd find that photo on the iPhone and if it was a cool photo I'd move it to another folder inside the iPhone. If it was just an unimportant photo I'd delete it from the phone and reconnect to the laptop, then resume copy/paste without a hitch.

All told, it took about 2-1/2 hours. Ironically the other evening when trying to copy/paste all photos at once the other machine showed 2 hours 45 minutes.

It's just something in apple talking to windows that just gets clouded at times. It was the same photos it refused to move today as the other day on a different computer. I tried 4 different cords, USB A 3.2 and USB C with the same results.

Last edited:

arethacary

Newly Enlightened
I used to love Android but found recent updates and hardware disappointing. At work, I adapted to an iPhone and realized its reliability. Now, my family and I prefer Apple.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Worst auto correct almost did to me was to switch vids to kids lol. So I almost said I love your kids instead of what I wanted to type I love ya vids

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
To this day, I don't understand the willingness to pay $1k+ for a smartphone, which is pretty much your only option for IOS. I'll keep using my sub-$500 Motos and Android. It does everything I need it to do.
I've had good luck with Apple refurbs. I've only bought them from official sources, and they've always been in excellent shape and at a significant discount.

To this day, I don't understand the willingness to pay $1k+ for a smartphone, which is pretty much your only option for IOS. I'll keep using my sub-$500 Motos and Android. It does everything I need it to do.
The mobile phone companies are following the lead of the automobile industry in that they are conditioning customers to think it's normal to have a perpetual phone payment.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The mobile phone companies are following the lead of the automobile industry in that they are conditioning customers to think it's normal to have a perpetual phone payment.
Buy a refurbished phone (make sure it's fully unlocked for all carriers), then you can shop around for the cheapest BYOD plan where the cost of the phone isn't bundled into the monthly payments.

Buy a refurbished phone
Go TracFone.
Image.jpg

Lol. True dat.
The origin of that saying, at least for me, is a scene from The Simpsons when Homer died and was walking with God in Heaven. Homer asks God if they have a buffet. God replies, "Yes, but stay away from the creamed beef." Homer replies, "You're not the boss of me." :yellowlaugh:

I've been A Refurbished Apple Fanboy for a long time. 😁

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The origin of that saying, at least for me, is a scene from The Simpsons when Homer died and was walking with God in Heaven. Homer asks God if they have a buffet. God replies, "Yes, but stay away from the creamed beef." Homer replies, "You're not the boss of me." :yellowlaugh:

I've been A Refurbished Apple Fanboy for a long time. 😁
Thanks for the background on that phrase, Chauncey. Funny.

Yeah they've gotta replace those furbs every now and then. They wear out. ;)

Love my Androids. Apple is sllooooooooooowly coming over the sending RCS format in texts. But they are coming.

Personally I despise the methods Apple uses to box in their users. That alone is enough for me to shun them like an apostate Amish. Apple is finally moving to USB C on its phones, only 10 YEARS after it was introduced. :ROFLMAO:

leeholaaho

Newly Enlightened
People still buy them even after apple admitted they slowed down phones to convince folks to buy a new one. You can get a pixel 4a for 100 bucks and tello phone service for 8 bucks a month. (300 mins and 2 gig) all I need.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not that it would sway me to go the IOS route, but I didn't know there was a refurb market for iPhones. That's good to hear.
Oh yeah, tons of people turn in their phones in good condition as a trade in for their next version. My work phone was a #7 that worked perfect but ran out of memory and wouldn't let iOS 10 install due to all of the company proprietary stuff and a bunch of photos so they bought a #9, then a #11 when the ear speaker on the #9 got damaged by water intrusion. A bit of cleanup and they're nearly as good as new.

The only reason the company 4's and 5's aren't still being used is the current operating system has outpaced them. The mother ship insists on the most up to date OS version for security reasons. But many of the employees trade in like new iPhones every year.

Last edited:
Also, when you manufacture and sell as many products as Apple does, a lot of them are going to be defective. When returned, Apple fixes/refurbishes the products and offers them at a discount. I usually save around 10% by purchasing refurbished. Sometimes the discount is much higher. Up to 24%.