Let's Hear Your Thoughts on the New SUNWAYLED Lights

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
The M10R is hot!
:hitit:

I like the looks actually of all of the lights on their site.

RCR123 being my favorite form factor and I love the selector ring for changing modes. My RRT-0 got me used to using the selector ring and I love it. Unfortunately too poor to purchase right now.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
My reviews of the M10R and M40C are now up. :)

not a great amount of runtime, but I guess that really depends on actual output of the light.
Exactly - and as my direct output comparison to other lights show, the M40C has top-of-class output/runtime efficiency (on par with Eagletac).

Last edited:

StickThatClutch

Newly Enlightened
My MR10 came in the mail today. Waiting for it to get dark.

swmr10.jpg

believer0929

Newly Enlightened
A beautiful and delicate flashlight, but there are many designed elements seemed exacted from Jetbeam/SF/Eagletac.........

Nanomiser

Enlightened
After seeing selfbuilt's nicely done review I'm sold. :thumbsup:

I'm just waiting for Battery Junction to get thier next shippment provided all of the M40Cs haven't been preordered. :shakehead

Who else sells the M40C in the US? :confused:

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
Ok, you asked to hear our thoughts, so...:devil:

I think they look like really good flashlights based on all the info out already. I especially love the selector ring system, but...

For the M40C and A models, my issue is with the light output settings they selected.
640 lumens on the M40C for 2 hours is nice, but then the next level down it drops to 165 lumens.:( That's too low for me. I would have preferred to see something around 200 to 300 lumens for the mid-level brightness.

The M40A at 500 lumens for 1 hour seems too short to me to be useful. The next level down is 150 lumens at 5 hr runtime, so basically this is a kind of bulky 150 lumen light. I would have preferred to see a brightness level in the 300 to 400 lumens range instead and more runtime.

Other than these two issues though, I really like what I am seeing about the Sunwayled flashlights.

Just my personal opinions and thoughts. :)

Last edited:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
They show promise

2008: year of xr-e
2009: year of xp-e
2010: year of xp-g

OTF lumens ratings show maturity, are these OTF?

They should ditch strobe mode for an extra level, and space the outputs better. (and red / blue 5mm, lose them. Use xp-c or xp-e colored)

I do like the 4xAA MC-E. [should upgrade to SST-50 at earliest convenience]
Fenix should of had two body tubes for the TK. [hey for $150, why not]
A 6xAA 'TK60' [2p3s], and a shorter 4xAA 'TK40' [4s] configuration.
It seems that ITP A6 Polestar has that 6 cell configuration covered, and now Sunway has the short one.

The selector ring is nice, it would be more useful if there was another level (ditching strobe)

and the pricing is really high, does the quality match?

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, you asked to hear our thoughts, so...:devil:

I think they look like really good flashlights based on all the info out already. I especially love the selector ring system, but...

For the M40C and A models, my issue is with the light output settings they selected.
640 lumens on the M40C for 2 hours is nice, but then the next level down it drops to 165 lumens.:( That's too low for me. I would have preferred to see something around 200 to 300 lumens for the mid-level brightness.

The M40A at 500 lumens for 1 hour seems too short to me to be useful. The next level down is 150 lumens at 5 hr runtime, so basically this is a kind of bulky 150 lumen light. I would have preferred to see a brightness level in the 300 to 400 lumens range instead and more runtime.

Other than these two issues though, I really like what I am seeing about the Sunwayled flashlights.

Just my personal opinions and thoughts. :)

You very much express my thoughts here! :thumbsup:
Maybe you agree with my thoughts in post 13 concerning the smaller CR123 models? Yes, I included the M40A among the models with good brightness modes, but actually now think that high would be around 350lm OR mid around 250lm.

Regards, Patric

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears Sunwayman has released 2 new models; M10 and M20, both using AA and now upgraded to R5. I'm curious to find out if they have taken the feedback into consideration and tweak the voltage range to allow li-ions.

specimen

Newly Enlightened
I had seen from some website that they can use 14500 batt for M10A and M20A. But the lumen of Med and High only little differnet.

utlgoa

Enlightened
I would purchase the Sunwayman M60R SST-50 Flashlight immediately.....if it could be powered by 3x18650 batteries. It would beat the Jetbeam Raptor in price, if not performance!

● Luminus SST-50 LED, with a lifetime of 50,000 hours;
● Three levels of constant output, one strobe mode
Three modes constant output: 800 Lumens (1hrs) - 180 Lumens (4 hrs) - 13 Lumens (28 hrs)
Strobe mode: 800 Lumens
● Digital Sensor Magnetic Control system, slightly twist the Rotator Ring to select from different modes
● Constant current circuit, constant output
● Effective range of 300 meters
● Using 6*CR123A batteries (this light can be activated by using 2 or 4 CR123A batteries as well, same output and shorter runtime)
● Working voltage: 4.5~9V
● Reflector of good quality maintains both great throw distance and spread, perfect beam pattern
● Dimension: 161.8 mm (length) x 57 mm (head diameter) x 40 mm (body diameter)
● Weight: 240g(battery excluded)
● Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy
● Military Specification Type III hard anodized
● Waterproof accords with IPX-8 standard
● Ultra-clear toughened glass lens resists scratches and impacts
● Tail stand and can be used as a candle
● Accessories: lanyard, O-ring

richpalm

Banned
M40C is really calling me! Hafta sell my 10X first. The red and blue LED's are kinda whackerific, but overall I'd really like to try one out.

Rich