Lets see your CR2 lights.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice collections guys, but I must say if I could choose only one, I would have to take Dons shiny A3.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
thesurefire said:
Very nice collections guys, but I must say if I could choose only one, I would have to take Dons shiny A3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Me TOO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hey, I'm glad you like it! There *should* be a couple available before too long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Here's a two stage, constant current unit I finally finished:

Ti-CR2-Leather.jpg

No where near as small as Roth's but it is 6-4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Really nice light Don, I went to your website an dtook a look at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Like the different way you found to use the tritium. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is one great looking Ti light Don.
Of to make one for myself right now. Lol!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Thanks guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have wanted a Ti flashlight for about 20 years now. I remember buying a sapphire crystal window about that long ago with intent of using it in a light. This was well before high power LED's and I knew nothing about flashlights, other than knowing that I wanted a titanium one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Since Ti should be considered a thermos when it comes to thermal relief or total lack there of, I have stayed away from my dream since I got involved in making LED lights. (I have tried to talk PK into a Ti A2 but to no avail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) Now that the efficacy has improved and we have efficient drivers that can control the output, I figured I could go for it. On low, this light is driving the LED at 29 mA. I believe the sterling silver heat sink that is soldered to the LED slug is adequate in thermal relief of the LED at this level of drive. My high output or "turbo" mode is a whopping 350 mA but I only plan to use this for short runs and again, I think it would take a while for the interior of the thermos to get into the danger zone, thermally speaking, if it even would. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I am using a wonderful TY0J LED, compliments of orb in this light so the flux at these output levels is quite impressive!!! Using a couple PD's over the last 5 months where the typical aplication only required a low 30mA of output made me realize that such a low output was viable and not just a parlor trick of limited value.

marcspar

Enlightened
Don,

Is there a glimmer of a chance that you will make some more of these for public consumption?

Marc

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Marc,
This light took over a day and some broken and melted drill bits. No way will I personally make any more to sell. Since orb has access to a shop that is willing to turn Ti, perhaps he, Wayne Y. and I could collaborate on such a project. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I would think that available time, costs and real interest could work against such an undertaking.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
>>I would think that available time, costs and real interest could work against such an undertaking.

Don: Never underestimate the power of TI! If you guys could do it, and make it halfway cost effective? I'm sure we'll line up around the block for it...

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do love the look of this light, & I did take a look at those Vial Holes & thought how many drill's may have bit the dust.
From my Ltd knowledge It is a true one off light. A production nightmare. I do things here which are one off's & take me a day or more, then you think ah good idea to get these made. Then the CNC shop gives you his price
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Every thing you do once can be done many times again, Of course when it's noval cutting edge (Blunt Ti Joke) there is always extra cost.
Still looks great Don.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Nobody noticed the (heat) discoloration on Roth's bezel? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif (19/32 drill bit and workpiece went simulteaneously cherry red! 6-4 is evil!)

Hey Don, when you gonna do somethin' with that chunk of tungsten? (It's much friendlier! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Larry,
I am saving it for something special! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I decided I wanted this Ti light to function as well as possible so I added milled flutes to the head for better finger grip.

milled-flutes.jpg

BTW, this light had color on the battery tube as well until I took it off with some 3M ScotchBright abrasive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Carbide cutters and flood coolant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Nice, Don!) I wish I had your skills on the anodizing side! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Larry

mike125

Newly Enlightened
Cy, is that an M3 bezel on an Aleph body ? With a P60 lamp ? That thing rocks ! How does it work ?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is now out of the basement and topside again! It was tough to find down there. For a while I thought I was a Goncz-er. Sorry, old joke. :sssh:

KI and KI-T lights are CR2 lights.

deathofkilight2up6ql.jpg

Ledean

Enlightened
Great photo trueblue. That looks really bright.

Here is my cr2 light. Originally a minimag.

nanomagredonakeychain0js.jpg