Lighthound 3AAA 12 LED UV flashlight review

Crashking

Newly Enlightened
just to add another happy post about this light... tossed one in a order for fun.... and it works pretty well... also it'll help me in my field of work as an automotive technician... to detect any fluids that have a trace dye in them

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
As of 1/22/07, one of the center LED's has started randomly flickering, the light sees very little use, it's used primarily to check currency at work, i wasn't expecting exceptional durability and longevity from this light, but it has exceeded my expectations, when it does die, i'll just spend another $8 and get another one for work

bear in mind that it's an inexpensive $8 LED Direct-Drive light, don't expect miracles from it, it's a good, basic UV light, would i buy one again, yes

MCUMAN

Newly Enlightened
After reading all your input I find I've made a good choice. I will say that I have some prepared test samples for forensic use and human fluids show up nicely. The heat mentioned is a natural by-product of running 12 LEDS flat out like this in an enclosed space. I have my concerns about battery life, but I think that using the light in short bursts, as opposed to looking for your car keys, they should last a fair amount of time. For the money, this little jewel really has the competition beat. :thumbsup:

SteveI

Newly Enlightened
Just to add a few more flourescing item images to this thread, here's some antique Depression Glass and Vaseline Glass items

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! Im going to go out and order one right now!

Samy

Enlightened
I recently purchased this light for $6.99 from Lighthound.com for my daughter to use for her pet scorpion.

ScorpionUV12LED.jpg

It really makes the scorpion 'pop' right out at you. If you're having trouble spotting him amongst the leaf litter, turn on the UV light and you can usually see a tail or leg sticking out immediately. The photos were taken with a point and shoot so they don't show how much the scorpion stands out, it glows much more than the photos show:

Scorpion03.jpg

Scorpion02.jpg

We plan to take it out into our backyard at night to do some scorpion hunting.

cheers