Lights you "can't" sell anymore

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
I collect old and new flashlights. If you are willing to give away those lights at low price, i buy them just for the collection. I might never actually use them but they must be in like-new condition. Only thing here is that you need to ship them to India through post which is the lowest possible shipping route. If anybody is interested, please PM me.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Princeton Tec and some Snap On ( Inova ) lights that received no interest when I listed them for sale at the old market place.
I've seen some advice posted by other members : sell your lights before the next latest and greatest emitter comes out.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm glad I downgraded this to my toolbox. I was doing an oil change last night and it was nice to have this light handy, and something I didn't mind getting dirty/beat up now.

Idiots at the dealership TIGHTENED that oil plug and filter sooo tight. No wrench would even get that filter off. Ended up puncturing it in a few spots...oil everywhere. I finally got it off somehow. I'll be doing all changes myself from now on.

At least it was on there and not loose for the potential of falling off!

Anyway i have this old incan Energizer light that isn't worth anything, a couple of minimags and this little Everready light. If someone needed a light i'd just give them one of these with a set of alkaline cells.

Canuke

Enlightened
Too many to count. Quite a few named "River Rock".

An Inretech Trilight mag, inefficient old Luxeon III's, but nearly perfect 5500k tint. I've thought of updating it, but there's only so much I could do with that heatsink by comparison to things like the Meteor M43.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of my Quark lights are worth the time and effort to sell. They look used with chipped anodizing even though I hardly ever carried them and most of which are fogging up underneath the lens.

My Zebralight SC51 HCRI is old and underpowered, may still be salable initially but now the electronics has gone bonkers and the light could sometimes not access max output. Too troublesome to get it serviced and too cheap to justify the effort to sell.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, all of my Inca. SureFires.

Bought all of them back when those were the absolute best one could buy. Don't even want to think what I'd be offered for my mint M6 with extras.

H.J.M.

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't sell an olight s15R so I gave it to a friend.Foursevens P1 Ti user wasn't getting any interest, it's on the wife's keychain.
Ledlenser lights are so old and beat up no one would want them. They work.
Fenix Ld02 just sitting there.. Unused, because I know I'll get maybe half of what I paid ...so it's a back up.
Ya most of my lights are keepers... Lol.

H.j.m.

fyrstormer

Banned
When I have a light that I don't like but it isn't worth selling, I just throw it away. I'm careful about my electronic waste in general, so I have a little leeway to toss an item in the trash every now and then without feeling too bad about it.

It's sad to see the multi-twist user interface is still so commonplace. There are better UIs that can take even a cheap flashlight and make it worth keeping.

Last edited:

PhillyRube

Enlightened
I think my first ever flashlight (not counting military angled-head lights) counts for this: Surefire 9AN Commander.

Its beam is still gorgeous, but brightness vs size isn't impressive anymore. Lower lumen option isn't an innovative feature with the way LED's do the same easily.

Oh, how far we've come.

Yep I have one of them with the big drop in charger. Battery finally gave up, debating whether to get a replacement. Was a good light in my cop days, back in the 90s.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oh yeah.... Don't even want to think about what I originally paid for my Leef-bodied SureFire M4.

This was back when Leef was still putting out batches of his custom-made bodies on Lighthound. Got the correct body, then came up with the brilliant idea to buy the rest of the SureFire M4 body parts one-by-one. (Yeah, don't do that.) I ended up paying significantly more than I would have instead of simply buying a new SF M4 and then selling its body on the CPF MarketPlace.

Also, I soon realized it would take a long time to get the head, lamp, and tailcap. Got lucky as Hell though! Another CPFer was parting out his M4. I scored everything but the body. Yeah, cost much more in the long run. Though its sweet having an M4 that (depending on which bulb used) can run on three rechargeable cells or four primary CR123s.

I'll consider selling it for an obscene price. Though sadly, I seriously doubt that "Obscene" is going to come knocking on my door.

GatorMedic

Newly Enlightened
When I have a light that I don't like but it isn't worth selling, I just throw it away. I'm careful about my electronic waste in general, so I have a little leeway to toss an item in the trash every now and then without feeling too bad about it.

It's sad to see the multi-twist user interface is still so commonplace. There are better UIs that can take even a cheap flashlight and make it worth keeping.

Ever thought about giving them away instead of throwing away? Or donating them to Goodwill or something? There are lots of people that don't own ANY lights so what you deem a throwaway light would still be a huge improvement to them. Who knows, maybe it would even spark an interest in flashlights with the recipient.

wjv

Enlightened
One mans garbage. . . . .

I'd take a PD32UE over a PD35 any day!!

Beautiful NW beam instead of that purple people eater beam. .

I give my old lights away. Probably have given 10 lights away in the past 2 years, not including a bunch of the Ray-O-Vac "Classic" remakes that I bought for friends and family.

markr6

Flashaholic
One mans garbage. . . . .

I'd take a PD32UE over a PD35 any day!!

Beautiful NW beam instead of that purple people eater beam. .

LOL I agree. Great light but some other lights (none Fenix) just replaced my PD32UEs due to a better UI/size.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I guess if we're going for lights that are truly special and meaningful, it would have to be my Fenix L0D rebel 80.

Some of you remember why Fenix discontinued using the rebel emitters. Well, I tested mine out at work for a combined 25 hours of being on, over the course of several days. Put it on medium mode. That was back when I worked in a patrol vehicle over at the giant Con-Ed complex in Astoria NY. Left it sitting on top of the dash for hours at a time. I lucked out and got one where the emitter held up nicely, despite the heat build up in the head.

Then, soon afterwards, that Fenix earned its keep when my Night-Ops Gladius failed on me in a miserable way. I posted that story on CPF years back.

So yeah, can't sell that one. Never will. No, I don't EDC it. I'd be mad as Hell if I ever lost it. Not like I can just order another one from Fenix.

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire E2E, I think that's what it is, it's in a box of tools somewhere. Boot cap is worn out, spare bulb is in a drawer somewhere.
One mode, nice and bright for an hour or so, hi cri, good way to kill two CR123 batteries at a time.
My first great EDC light.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I have an Inova X5 HA from CountyComm that I've pretty much never used and I think many people haven't even heard of.

I don't know whether that would have a market. The HA and its extreme ability to drain cells almost to zero make it very appealing, though.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never met a light I couldn't sell ( or anything for that matter. )

Im just not that sentimental. Always curious about something different.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had that friggen song stuck in my head for weeks.. Sentimental journey.
Was starting to subside... Till I read that you were not attached!

Won't you take a ride with me....

Latest posts