• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHeart List #2...

rhinobalsa

Newly Enlightened
I would like;
1 HA3 $175
1 charger $37
1 battery $18
shipping $4.30
Total= $234.30
Could someone please confirm if this is correct before I paypal
Gary

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
rhino, your figures are correct.

b2p, there is no way for me to economically test for lumens output (the required Integrating Sphere costs maybe $10,000.00) but suffice to say the High and Low settings, with another 62 evenly spaced levels in between, will cover All your lighting needs save for the occasional use of a 1 or 2M cp spolight for those Really long distance searches (lost at sea, etc.)!

oldtimer

Enlightened
Ahh thanks. By approximation, do you think it can put out more (on high) than a PM6 (~40) or a E2E (~60)?

MrMom

Enlightened
Charlie,
Paypal sent for second LH HA and 2-150a

I can't wait.......

Any ideas on how I can carry it on my belt? Is there a sheath/pouch that this will fit in?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
b2p said:
Ahh thanks. By approximation, do you think it can put out more (on high) than a PM6 (~40) or a E2E (~60)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, can't compare lumens to lux/cp, like apples to oranges. Suffice to say it will throw comparably to those lights.

MrMom, thanks.

Reno

Enlightened
Well, the luminous output of the binned leds is a known quantity. 67.2 on up to 87.4 lumens. In an efficient reflector (which we certainly have here), it will humble lights the size of your arm.

The disquieting aspect of this 20 lumen variable is wondering where you'll end up on the scale. That's why buying with Charlie sets my mind at ease. His QC standards are quite high, and a picky manufacturer is perfect for this picky consumer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

b2p, if it helps you at all, this light will spank my PR-T, and my PR-T spanked my E2e pretty handily.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Haw! Sorry Gary (rhinobalsa), ah just cain't hepp m'self!

Seriously though, after this I may simply continue to make more of them, a little at a time or something (doubt if we will sell out all 500 but you never know) as I really can't think of much else to top this one, short of some revolution in LED or battery technology. We'll see...(like "MR Fusion", heh heh).

Perhaps a true wall dimmer-style output adjustment scheme? But then the light may be a little, uh, larger... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Thanks again.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
charlie ya will have to wait for lumileds to catch up with you ya get all the light out of em they can delver now. now wee need lumileds to catch up

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
paypal sent for the following.
Charlie, couldn't resist ordering a second LionHeart HAIII. 1 LionHeart $175.00
2 batteries $ 36.00
shipping $ 4.30
total $215.30
Lusting or simple greed, the feeling is still the same, heh, heh, heh,
Keithhr-cpf handle

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
We'll see...(like "MR Fusion", heh heh).

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, here for MR Fusion. Rumor has it that not only is it more efficient than HID, but it is a negative energy consumer - i.e. it will produce more energy than it uses so you you can use it to charge your lower tech rechargables.

Charlie you sure are one creative fellow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Ragzz, heh heh, I wish! They got stuff we ain't even heard about yet, but just need to perfect'em I think...

keithhr - Thanks, I'll go check PP now. It will be nice to have one in each finish, even I plan to keep one of each...

Reno

Enlightened
Jim, you are simply ruining any chance I have to get free of this pervasive disease. My flashaholism will continue until I see something on the order of the mythical 'Mr. Fusion'

Did I mention it has to fit on a keychain?? And change wavelengths?? And spot-to flood from 180 degrees to 1 minute of angle?

So hurry up, already!! These requests are far from unreasonable for the likes of MR. Bulk and his extraterrestrial cronies. And while you're at it, include a tractor beam. Nothing fancy, it just needs to be powerful enough to seize and retrieve a beer from, say, twenty feet. Will that drive the cost up?? I'll certainly Paypal the difference.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
JimH, naw, we chucked that model long ago, too hard to control - imagine a rubber ball that bounces up ever so slightly HIGHER each time it hits the floor. Same idea, and pretty soon we were schryzarnthrium-encapsulating them and yet they STILL broke out after only a couple nanoseconds of energy runaway - scary! So now we've turned it down to your human computer-term equivalent of GIGO (whatever goes in must come out identically) - same amount of energy is recreated as was put in. Keeps things easier to manage, especially on those super long intergalactic- as well as time-travel expeditions. One little miscalculation and the ship will keep gaining energy and speeding up no matter What we do! Whew - like I said, scary...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Reno, sorry about that but don't worry, I'll definitely be taking a hiatus from modding after this'n!

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Ok, I ordered a second one too now. My first one for colle-ec-ting and the second one for using. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks Charlie!

oldtimer

Enlightened
I would like:

1 HA3 $175
1 charger $37
1 battery $18
shipping $4.30
Total= $234.30

Could someone please confirm if this is correct before I paypal?

Actually just a quick question. Besides the look and durability, what are the advantages and disadvantages of having a HAIII over bare aluminum? I couldn't find anything addressing this point.

Edit: I would like to bow out at this point in time as await pictures of the ones in HAIII.

Reno

Enlightened
Ha 3 is extremely scratch/ding/wear/corrosion resistant. Bare aluminum can simply be buffed or polished if any of the above occurs, but it will not resist scuffing/scratching/whacking as capably as HA3.

Then there is the issue of cosmetic appearance. Bare aluminum will be very attention-getting and flashy (hey, it's a flashlight, right?), in addition to being easier to find in the dark. HA3 will yield the exact opposite result, unless you drop it onto white carpet or tile (duh). HA3 will include the Lionheart logo, and will more closely match the black button. Speculating here, but it will probably also make it look smaller.

A BIG issue is how quickly the bare aluminum will ship ahead of the HA3 lights. If you're in a rush, get bare Al. If you want a more durable branded light, stick it out and wait for HA3.

Hope that helps,

Steve

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
so for a complete setup it is ~$234, ouch....

the light alone is $175 HA and $164 bare?

how many are left?

Vifam

Enlightened
Paypal sent for second LionHeart full kit with HA-NAT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Applied $11 from switch first order to bare aluminum.
Thanks,

Latest posts