• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHeart List #2...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Prolepsis, thanks.

b2p, your figures are correct (unless you want silver which is $11 less and 2-4 weeks earlier delivery).

Sky, I haven't kept going back to keep on counting all the PayPals and snails received, but I would estimate somewhere between 300 and 400 total. In fact in the middle of writing this response I checked PayPal and two more orders came in from when I just checked before, which was logging on to CPF a few minutes ago, so it's an ongoing yet sporadic thing and I would make poor use of my time indeed by constantly checking and counting, checking and counting - I'll leave that to the anally retentive types (thankfully I'm only like that about building the flashlights themselves)...

Vifam, got it!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
UPDATE 9-29-04:

Machine shop report -

Only the specific (but very complex) cuts in the head, as well as the radiusing of the bezel to hold the lens o-ring, need to be done now. Then most will go off to the anodizers and then laser etchers, while some will be sent straight to me for the Fast Track build up. Here's a pic of a set of Actual Pieces so far, as sent to me by the CNC shop just this morning:

Fast%20Track.jpg

As you can see there is no channeled hole yet milled into the head/control-module component for the switch, and it next goes into the CNC milling machine for that. Also note the slightly raised rim around the bottom of the battery tube. On anodized versions this is where the logo will be etched so that the rim protects it from scuffing, etc., such as when set on end during candlemode - "We will degrade no LionHeart logo before its time!"

Thanks.

marcspar

Enlightened
Paypal just sent for my second lion heart - annodized with the logo!

My first LH had been originally ordered as annodized, but changed to raw aluminum fast track....

Thanks in advance Mr. Bulk & HAT.

Marc

Tweek

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

I got a little click-happy and didn't finish editing the copied text before I sent it, but if you go with the title, it'll be fine. Thanks again, Charlie!

Chris

1amer

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

i have some questions:

1. Is LH waterproofed now or not? 50ft. 100 ft.?

2. Can PILA charger be used anywhere (220V, international plug etc.)?

3. Can it be also used to charge not only 150 but 168S?

4. Is there a car adapter available (only adapter, not a complete charger )?

5. Is 9 USD intl. shipping (to Germany) insured?

Thank you in advance

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
1. dunkproof but not tested to depth, mainly because of the rubber-buttoned switch (would turn on by itself even if waterproof to those depths) and the constant pressure would not allow moving between all the various features. It is Not a dive light.

2. yes, with the appropriate plug head adapter for your particular country

3. yes

4. yes, direct from JS Burly's

5. no, I only ship Global Priority which does not offer insurance. Global Express does, but now we are talking like $44 or something, plus I must PHYSICALLY go to the post office, negating both the convenience and cost of subscribing to Endicia, as well as taking up valuable time I could be using to - build everyone's lights.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please excuse me if this question is has already been answered elswhere or if this is the wrong place to ask.

I saw a post that Mcgizmo made about the lionheart being essentially direct drive I also saw Mr. Bulks post about runtime on high being a bit over an hour so my question is this :

Was the runtime till the light went out or until the current dropped and , like an arc4, flickered down to another light level?

Also, will all 64 levels be usable until the battery is dead (with levels becoming dimmer and dimmer as current drops) or will the light just not be able to reach the higher levels when battery is depleted?

If the levels all dim as current is depleted is this one of the benefits of using the lithium ion batteries i.e. to minimize this dimming through the usable life of the battery? Does this mean that the light, in addition to being less bright, will behave very differently with spacer+ 123 primary?

Thanks

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. B,
I sent an email to the addy in your profile, was that a goof? Blast if I can find the most recent thread with your prefered email.

TIA,
LT

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Xoch -Runtimes were tested until I could visibly see a reduction in brightness. With the relatively flat discharge of li-on batteries it will maintain its brightness evenly. And there is still more (although visibly diminishing) runtime after that.

All 64 levels will be present (of course they all get proportionately dimmer when the battery starts going) and all functions will operate regardless of battery level.

I would say that with a disposable CR123 and spacer (a setup to be used more in pinch), the battery characteristics would be of a constantly declining nature.

Lunal - the addy in my profile is good.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Bulk , since it's clear that one of the cooler features of the light is that it can be custom programmed, will it be possible to program the light to give a flicker or two once current reaches a certain level? I use flashlights under a variety of lighting conditions (don't we all!) which can make the decision of when to swap batteries or recharge (a trully happy lionheart always has a pila on standby, IMHO) sort of difficult.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
xoch - we can program any feature you want, for a price of course. Also this will be made available After all LionHearts are built and delivered; you'd send it back in for a "Custom Tune". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. I sent the email around the 30th so I figure you'll get to it when you work that far down into your pile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif -LT

Latest posts