LionHeart V2 Firmware - Part 2

nrk

Newly Enlightened
LionHeart head sent to George via USPS Priority mail. Post office says it should get delivered on Monday.

Let the nail-biting begin.

;-norm

nrk

Newly Enlightened
Just received my LionHeart head back from the west coast.

George, thank you again for your help. V2 is awesome.

Regards. ;-norm

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just recieved my LH head back from Gerorge, gotta reitterate what NRK just said, V2 is awsome thank you george.

P.S. thanks for moddingthe delivery turtle with rockets

doug

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear that all the LH's are safely finding their way back home to each of you.

Also very satisfying to hear you guys like the V2 changes. I really like the evolution that went into V2, I haven't found anything that really needs changing and I'm running the exact same V2 in all 4 of my LH's too...

Doug: I guess that's the first modded turtle eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

george.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with you George. I EDC mine and it is used several times a day. I've got some filters off of a Garrity 1W Luxeon that give me an ultra-low level, so even the limitation of not being able to lower level 1 any isn't a problem. I'm really looking forward to having my LC with the same firmware! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would it have been possible to have created a flashing and or strobe option in the software? These are not trivial features under many circumstances. It seems it would be possible considering the 5 flashes already incorporated. I would have liked this.

Thanks

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
We deliberately stayed away from too many "bells and whistles" with their attendant multiple presses and the like, with George (very wisely, IMHO) opting to divide the available programming memory into two separate UIs which, in and of themselves, are quite simple to operate and most importantly, remember. Many have reported eventually settling down to just one UI, although it was nice to know there was always another completely different one available.

But the nature of PWM being what it is, one can have almost whatever UI one wishes as the Lions can be reprogrammed at a drop of the hat - oops, better make that "at a drop in the mailbox".

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand and agree. I equally like the battery conservation feature and the lock-out feature. Just thinking of the import in emergency signaling and road side use (pointed away from drivers of course) with flashing/strobing. On high speed windy roads (where I am) a strobe could be seen around a corner. Avoiding dead batteries is just as important, just in my case I would want both. So my take is this can currently be programmed? Thanks

83Venture

Enlightened
Got mine back on friday. On UI1 have immediate access to low, med and high with a press, click or two clicks. The cub will be very lucky to start out with such a nice UI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an acronym, LSUFA, to remember the menu:

L - Lock Out
S - Sleep
U - user interface
F - force level
A - auto lock

If I can't remember the acronym, I'm a big Tennessee Vols fan, so I just think of an SEC rival, LSU in Football, and I'm almost home. Which reminds me, the Lady Vols /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif !

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Or, "LSU, F'ing A-holes!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(would have to think of a different one for my state's college teams, though...)

nrk

Newly Enlightened
Okay Codeman, you got me going --

Heres' my candidate for an acronym
L ight
S hining
U sefully
F or
A ll

;-norm (nrk)

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nrk said:
Okay Codeman, you got me going --

Heres' my candidate for an acronym
L ight
S hining
U sefully
F or
A ll

;-norm (nrk)

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your's better than mine, though MR Bulk's could come in handy during football season! Matter of fact, MR Bulk's probably just used up some of my long term memory! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

andrewwynn - I've saved the link for the acronym site. That'll come in handy!

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif