List your current top 10 Vinh lights here

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
List your top 10 Vinh lights here and tell why they made your list.
Just thought this would be a fun thing to do, and may help others pick lights that are good for them. If you are like me, this can be really hard to do! The way I see it, "top 10" is what you make it, whether it be most unique, powerful, beautiful, used or useful, has sentimental value to you, or have the best wow factor. Personally, if Vinh is okay with it, I think non Vinh lights should be able to be included too. This gives buyers an idea of how Vinh's lights stand up to others, though I'm sure most of the posters here will be Vinh fans. I also think that as time goes by and more lights are received, people could quote their old post and update it as it changes. We can then see what got bumped out of the top 10 and by what.

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
My top V54 light is the TK75vnKT. With the extended run time kits, the light runs for many hours on 2000 plus lumens and more than 2 1/2 hours at 4000 lumens.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, today, it is (all lights listed below are in my carrying case for trips or security work and have probably 5500k - 6300k tints, which is what I prefer):

1. Supbeam X40vn V2 3 x XML2 dedomed, 4200 led lumens (3480 OTF) and 241k lux, with Nitecore handle: I can't believe more lights are not done like this. Great output (still, 2 years later, especially for the size) battery life, and heat control. Great ratio of flood and throw for me. UI couldn't be better with variable control ring on the side and a button switch in the back for on and off. Built in charger that works great. Simple tiny light gives battery status and charging status. Wall charger AND car charger, AND USB charger. Add the handle and it is fatigue free and very comfortable to hold for long periods of time. It's downfall to many is the peddle like beam around the edges (which I can easily overlook due to everything else). Unfortunately the driver is under driven and cannot be replaced, so it's status on the list will go down over time as I can't mod it to keep up with future lights. This is one of my most used lights. Very underrated light imo.

2. Niteye Eye40vn, one 4 x XML2 6500k dedome and the other 4 x XM-L2 XM-L2 PDTc: Compact little power houses, easy to keep with you and great to carry (same reasons as above). Still my favorite walking light due to comfort, mix of flood and throw (spill lights up directly in front of your feet while light is facing straight forward), and 650 OTF lumens for hours (no heat issue), 1800 OTF lumens for 30 minutes straight without heat issues (more or less depending on outside temperature), and of course turbo (4600 OTF lumens) lights everything up. It also has a built in charger that works great, wall charger AND car charger (extra), and has a 4 bar battery indicator for battery status while being used AND charging. Another underrated light imo.

3. Noctigon M43vn 12 x XP-G2 PDTc, ~110k lux and 6300 OTF lumens: The amount of light that comes out of this little thing is utterly ridiculous!! I can't help but giggle when I turn it on to Turbo. It has surprising throw for how floody it is, and just seems to light up everything. It does get hot quickly on higher modes though (40s-T, 1.5m-H1, 7m - H2), so for continuous higher lumen use you would want a light that was bigger for heat management. . It does have a visable hot spot, corona, and spill, which I much prefer over pure flood. Great UI too. However, the light is deceptively heavy for the size and I was surprised to see so many rings in the beam.

4. Eagletac S200C2vn XM-L2 PDTC 1550 lumens (1063 OTF) and 123k lux. Amazing output and throw with great spot and corona, small and easy to belt carry, 4 levels of light that can be adjusted BEFORE turning on, and tactical rear switch made this the light I carried on me when going from business to business doing security checks. Light still makes me giggle when I turn it on turbo. A light that small shouldn't be able to throw that far haha.

5. Supbeam K40vn XM-L2 dedomed 1800 led lumens and ~400k lux: I consider this my first major performance light, and, I believe, is Vinh's first super thrower. It also might just be the first costumer light Vinh did his side "random" engravings on as he was thinking about offering the service but hadn't done it yet, so this light has sentimental value to me too. It is also the furthest throwing light I have and the first flashlight I had that could match my great big giant spotlight. You gotta love the light saber beam on this thing and it is fun to bring out. Due to it's specific function though it rarely is used.

6. Nitecore HC90vn Headlamp XM-L2, 1250 lumens: This is the most used light I have due to the hands free nature, red LED, and beam profile. When I'm camping or working on a site at night doing security this light stays on my head at night. I use the red light the most as it's just enough light to navigate, write, or use my hands for something without attracting all the bugs. The blue and green leds are fun but rarely used. I love the mixture of flood and throw for headlamp use to; it's ideal imo. No modes to click through either, just select what light output you want by sliding the "switch" one way or the other. It's also bright enough that I can light up a pretty good area if I'm looking for or hear something so I don't need to grab a flashlight every time (though there is always one in my pocket and others close by hehe).

7. Nitecore HM20vn XM-L2 U3 PDTC with dual magnets, 1015 OTF lumens: I can't say enough about this light. Amazing output from such a small light. When I'm working or camping, this is the light in my pocket at night these days (EC11vn during the day). Compact size, 18650 compatible, ultra wide spill with good throw (for the size), 5 levels of light (lowest, highest, and last mode can be easily reached from off) and hidden blinkie modes, one button UI is extremely easy to use and remember, back button blue blinking locator light (say that 5 times fast haha) easy to turn on and off, great clip, USB rechargeable, and added magnets make this light incredibly useful!!! I ended up buying a stock one for less the $50 and glued on a magnet so I could have it in my truck, but it hasn't made it out of my bedroom yet haha.

8. Nitecore EC11vn XM-L2 U3 PDTC, ~1100 OTF lumens (and I actually think it has the slight edge in throw over the MH20vn): Again, just an amazing little light and it just makes me giggle when I turn it on to turbo. I'm not a huge fan of 16340 lights (but I have several) and to me the ugly red beam is almost worthless. While I like the UI I often hit the wrong button on the two button system. Do it like the MH20 and it would be perfect. Still though, the 5 levels of light, hidden blinkie modes, lumen output/throw, great clip, size, and magnets (if you add them) make this just an amazingly useful little light.

9. Eagletac TX25C2vn XM-L2 6500k dedomed burn in, ~1425 lumens (925 OTF) and 55k lux: Honestly I don't use this light very much anymore, but I still like to take it out and turn it on turbo. Something that small and thin just shouldn't be able to through that far with a reflector. It really is a fantastic light though as you can easily put it in a pocket, has a good UI, and gives great performance.

10. Nitecore SRT7vn XM-L2 6500k dedomed, ~1100 lumens. Honestly, this light doesn't compete well anymore with lights of it's size as Vinh didn't want to give it boost for fear he'd blow the red, green, and blue secondary leds; it makes my list though because of it's versatility (especially with the diffuser wand) and how much it still gets used. The infinite variable control ring is a very useful thing, especially in the low output range. Add that to the on off tactical button and it becomes even more so. While it's still quite useful as a flashlight, slide the wand on and you have a traffic control light (white, blue, red, green...take your pick), an emergency illumination light (tail standing or hanging), a camping lantern, night light, or tent light (when camping I always ask the kids what color they want haha), and an emergency auto light (beacon or flashing blue/red to get the attention of drivers). I know a lot of people don't think strobe does much for protection, but I was glad it had that when I belt carried it. I also loved the flashing red/blue lights for the similar reason that if I was coming upon a situation at night, I could turn that on and the perpetrator is likely going to take off (yes it's true, it wouldn't help me against someone willing to shoot a cop, but as I'm not allowed to carry a weapon with my company, it's a welcomed tool).

Honorable Mention. S6330vn 3 x XM-L2 6500k dedomed, ~3500 lumens: I don't have this anymore or it would be in my top ten. Just an amazing little 3 x 18650 light that was so small but had tons of output, lite and fit great in the hand, easy to keep with you, and great UI....it's just a classic.

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me guess--you kept those two--great lights

I have a few others I like but they don't get used as much

D40avn
Ddc25vn

Crap I only have those left haha.

I have 20 +/- in my collection now... Could easily be less but got tired of babysitting sales lol

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. TK75vnQ
2. X60vn
3. TK75vn KT
4. TX25C2vn XPG2
5. K40vn
6. TM36vn
7. M25C2vn XPG2
8. D25Cvn Ti
9. HL55vn
10.TX25C2vn XML2

For Now

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few others I like but they don't get used as much

D40avn
Ddc25vn

Crap I only have those left haha.

I have 20 +/- in my collection now... Could easily be less but got tired of babysitting sales lol

I know what you mean--I need to get rid of 100 or so lights--rather see them sit than give them away

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold 95 lights, including almost all of my Solarforce collection and the majority of my Vinh lights this last year. Man was it hard mentally to do, time consuming as well.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
#1 K40vn PDTsw FL----------------What can I say other than perfect beam/tint-- Perfect light
#2 TK61vn -- ----------------------My farthest throwing light--was the King for quite a while
#3 K40Mvn 5k--------------------- A whole lot of light comes from this thing--Beautiful tint
#4 SR52vn PDTn FL----------------Good thrower--Perfect beam/tint--run it forever on max--never heats up
#5 LD50vn PDTc------------------ Nice combination of output/runtime- A douple PD35-What more could you want- Good light
#6 TX25C2vn XPG2----------------Small pocket size thrower that competes with the big boys
#7 MX25L3vn 4k ------------------Compares to my K40Mvn 4k --smaller in size but heats up slightly faster--good light for medium and lower modes
#8 PD40vn 4k ---------------------This is not the brightest light --but on high guessing 2200lm --nice floody beam--one cell--never gets hot
#9 P16vn PDTw------------------- Slightly smaller than a S200C2 --around 90k output--side switch--very nice spill
#10 PD35vn PDTn---------------- My third Vinh light--Good close range all around light--still used often

I have quite a few more Vinh lights--some of the same listed in other tints/dome on versions--they are all great--my top three still make me say Dammmm with a smile on my face

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold 95 lights, including almost all of my Solarforce collection and the majority of my Vinh lights this last year. Man was it hard mentally to do, time consuming as well.
Yeah I know--I ended up with around 12 of your Solar Force

lumentia

Enlightened
Fun thread! I will add to this but its going to be tough!!
#1 for me is not hard to pick. M43vn goldilocks. Except it's not mine, I gave it to my brother.
#2 M43vn S3 3D dome on
#3 D25Cvn. Perfect tint, throws great, impresses everybody
#4 X2vn all purpose light
#5 S200Cvn if I only had one light, this would be it.
#6 x60vn Throw monster. This is my wildlife finder.
#7 K40lvn I take this when I need a semi compact thrower
#8 EC4VN favorite back pocket light and one of my most versatile. Throws awesome for size.
#9 TK75VN loved this light but had to sell it when I needed some quick cash.
#10 X40vn awesome size to power ratio. Perfect fanny pack light and good all rounder. Not really #10 in terms of preference.

If I only had one light, it couldn't be a small, front pocket edc type light because I need more throw than that. (I couldn't do with just one light but this is just for discussion purposes.) It would have to have at least 100k CD throw. I like my tk35. It was my first light of anywhere close to that brightness and cost and is super high quality but it's stock, doesn't throw very well, and has a super cool white tint so it got put on the 'gift list' by my ec4vn which fits in my back pocket better, throws better, is brighter, better tint, has moonlight, tailstands, no battery carrier, and a better U/I with direct access to turbo and moonlight. When Fenix revamped their TK35 I wish they would have built the EC4.

Last edited:

makapuu

Enlightened
MX25L3Cvn with dedomed XPL's......I just love this light.
TK75vnKT with PDTn

That MX25L3Cvn Overboost with XPG2 PDTc and 175K throw keeps winking at me.
Got's to save..save...save...

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My top Vinh light is the Noctigon Meteor M43 XP-L pdtc. I researched English and foreign language forums for a few months before I decided to acquire this light. I decided on the Vinh modification, for heat enhanced management, and also because I decided that my first Vinh light should be a powerhouse with some claims to throw and portability.

The M43vn XP-L pdtc has more throw than the stock MM15 in a neat, tidy and shorter package. It is a thrill to have and to hold and to use.

On my Want Radar: TK75vnQ, K60vn and (if applicable) Thrunite TN36UTvn (3 x XHP-70). I will have to decide on most power vs most throw vs smaller size powerhouse.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
10. Nitecore SRT7vn XM-L2 6500k dedomed, ~1100 lumens. Honestly, this light doesn't compete well anymore with lights of it's size as Vinh didn't want to give it boost for fear he'd blow the red, green, and blue secondary leds
I'm going to have to see if he'd be willing to do a LED swap for a SRT5. He said before that he wouldn't modify them, but maybe if I specify that I don't want a current boost.

ven

Flashaholic
Great thread Kevin, cant put a top 10 as i like more :laughing: I could pick my fav 5 vinhs,but the last few i kind of like the same in their own way if makes sense.:)
Not in any specific order,more what order i remembering them in as i type! Probably missed/forgot some:whistle:
1-x40vn triple quad- around 5000lm from 12x xp-l 5700k,well vinh made it specially for me,it means a lot to me and love it.

2-k60vn shaved dome- Little under 5000lm and imo a perfect balance of throw/flood.,nice UI from the control ring.........love it!

3-PD35vnQ- quad xp-l,2x5700k and 2x6500k in optics,an awesome light in one of my fav 18650 lights. Not sure on lumens,but 1400-1800lm maybe

4-mm15vn- well 7300lm of mtg2 5000k floody tint.......nuff said

5-tn36vn-8400 ish lumes from 3xmkr,fantastic flood and respectable throw in a well made solid light

6-tn35vn- 3500 ish lumens of mtg2 in a large deep reflector,nice balance of throw/flood with the fantastic tint. Nice UI control ring.

7-sr52vn- Solid light,great output/throw which is well managed by the heat sinking for long run times...........convenience of USB too

8-x3vn- de-domed baby tk75 ,very nice size in hand,nice output for throw/flood and pocketable ,very nicely made light with great ano

9-tk75vn, 3800 OTF lumens ,again of flood/throw and imo one of the best hosts out there for size/heat sinking.........oh and solid fenix build quality!Really want a Q version so bad for Rach!

10-srminiVN- Just an easy go to flooder,solid little light with a nice flood output,UI not up there with the best but once used to it,works great with burst turbo

11-tm06vn-4700lm ,great flooder with surprising throw for its small reflectors,not keen on cell lay out tbh and prefer the tm11/15/26. UI i like , you can advance and drop down modes via the mode button.

12-ec32vn- very nice neutral de-dome pocket thrower of similar size to the pd35

Although its not an actual light,the QCvn i love greatly,the xpg2 5000k of flood is amazing and so useful in work,housed in a p1

13- D25Cvn de-dome,use still as one of my EDC lights

14- m20vn with nichia 219, bed side light,used regular and love the solid build of olight

Probably forgot some, but most of them :)

Most used are the CQvn in work,daily use.........
Some used when on walks or camping,this i rotate or what mood i may be in :laughing:

Dont have the tk61vn anymore as .......well no real use for a huge thrower,prefer some flood too and ideally in a smaller package. The sr2vn took its place,even though less with 250kcd,its enough for my uses and convenient to take out. The tk61vn would always be left at home!!

Size tk75/k60 is about the limit i like,awesome output and a nice comfortable feel..too big and gets left at home:crazy:

Cheers ven:)

ven

Flashaholic
1. TK75vnQ
2. X60vn
3. TK75vn KT
4. TX25C2vn XPG2
5. K40vn
6. TM36vn
7. M25C2vn XPG2
8. D25Cvn Ti
9. HL55vn
10.TX25C2vn XML2

For Now

Bigwilly,what about the tk75vnQ70,does that make the list or is that at no1(missing the 70) ,which do you prefer the killer throw or Q70 version? I can see the tk75vnQ being more practical over the Q70 due to heat,but the 4x XHP70 leds just makes a beast!!
Cheers ven

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bigwilly,what about the tk75vnQ70,does that make the list or is that at no1(missing the 70) ,which do you prefer the killer throw or Q70 version? I can see the tk75vnQ being more practical over the Q70 due to heat,but the 4x XHP70 leds just makes a beast!!
Cheers ven
Easy answer. It's not mine. Lol. It definitely would be towards the top of the list. I think active cooling is going to be needed as the Q XHP70 gets hot and as other lights become capable of such extreme output, I don't see another way to keep the light useable with such heat generation. Even the Q gets pretty damn hot while in heavy use. The Q barely edges the KT and thats because of the difference in output. Off hand I would guess the KT would only get 2 or 3 minutes more runtime on turbo vs the Q so I still have throttle them on my nightly walks. Also the 6 levels available thanks to VNX2 vs 4 on the KT help push the Q to my personal # 1 spot. In the future, with active cooling or whatever, the Q XHP70 running for 15 or 20 minutes on high would make for a legendary light.