Liteflux LF5XT

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
This is probably a blast from the past for most of you, but is the LF5XT discontinued? I had been looking at getting one awhile back, but got distracted with the nitecore D10. Well, now the original D10 is being discontinued, so I wanted to look at the LF5XT again. Well apparently it is discontinued too. I guess I would like a 1AA light that has the ramping feature that these 2 lights had at that ~$60 price point?

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, I dunno if you're still going to have any by the time I am ready to buy (depends on how much cash I get for Christmas/birthday :D) I subscribed to the thread, so we'll see when the time comes. Thanks!

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I would like a 1AA light that has the ramping feature that these 2 lights had at that ~$60 price point?

The LF5XT doesn't have the CUI that the LF2XT and LF3XT do, which means there's no ramping mode for general use.

Or did I misunderstand your statement?

--flatline

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting...

Hey, Khoo - would you happen to know if LiteFlux is working on a LF5XT replacement?

EDIT: Never mind... Found the answer! :twothumbs I love both my LiteFlux AAA's, so I'm definitely looking forward to see how good the LF5XT replacement will be.

Need an excuse to use an AW 14500 I have that's just sitting around... hehe.

Last edited:

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
The LF5XT doesn't have the CUI that the LF2XT and LF3XT do, which means there's no ramping mode for general use.

Or did I misunderstand your statement?

--flatline

Ok, glad to know that! In that case, can someone recommend a 1AA that does have the ramping feature that I am looking for?

bansuri

Enlightened
Ok, glad to know that! In that case, can someone recommend a 1AA that does have the ramping feature that I am looking for?
Or should you wait til the end of the year and see if they release an LF5XT with CUI and FUI?
On the OFFICIAL Liteflux website they've taken every light down except for the LF3XT and LF2XT. They used to have a bunch of the LF2X and of course the LF5XT, now just 2. Smells like a product line refresh to me!
Personally, any Liteflux purchase will probably be worth the wait.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm ready for a remake of the LF5XT. Never particularly liked the design and a UI like the LF2XT is essential. I hope a new one looks more like the LF3XT and is, of course, as small as possible.

Geoff

burntoshine

Enlightened
i love liteflux' lights and would be very much interested in an AA with CUI and FUI in a neutral tint.

also, deep pocket clip. :poke:

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore D10

Except that the original D10 is now discontinued (see my first post). They are rumored to be coming out with a "D15" upgraded version, but the only officially released products are revisions of the D10 SP which is a 5 mode (just like everyone else) light. :sigh:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the MarketPlace ... in the meantime ?

I forgot about your original post , sorry , I just recently read post 6 & quoted it.

Last edited:

CNR

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I got the LF2XT and LF5XT yesterday, and while the LF2 is AWESOME in every aspect, the LF5 has an issue whith the button :
It has to be pushed very hard to work and the amount of pressure needed to make it work is not the same every time, the result (besides a shore thumb), is that i can't use it as an EDC, since it doesn't turn on or off easily, it very often turns off when you try to switch modes (misses 1 of the 2 clicks), and trying to program it is a real exercise for your patience (and your fingers too).
Anyone heard of this problem before ?

I'm really sorry, because i wanted to use this light, not keep it in my drawer, so, if someone have any suggestion how i can solve this, i would really appreciate it.

Last edited:

mikes1

Enlightened
The first thing I would do is remove the battery tube and the switch clean an lube all the threads make sure the switch is screwed in tight in the tail cap and reassemble it this may well do the trick

Edit...There is a delay when the button is pressed befour the light turns on this is common on all 5XT's

Mike

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
CNR ...... :welcome:

Don't tear your LF5XT apart yet ..... please read my suggestion first .

The button pressure should be the same as the 2XT . It should not be hard to press . Both models use a momentary micro-switch . The metal button presses on the button of the micro-switch . The switch only requires momentary contact to function . That applies to the LF2XT and the LF5XT . The momentary contact principle is what you need to understand to operate these lights .

Try light taps , instead of presses . ( you don't have to press and hold it ) I hope you know that . I can't imagine why your 5XT button would be harder to press than your 2XT .

You're not physically pushing and moving a piston sleeve like in a Nitecore D10 . The 2xt , 3xt and 5xt all use the micro-switch .

However - the operational UI is different on the 5XT , than the other two. On the (3xt) and the 2XT , if you press and hold the button , the light will come on .

But on the 5XT , (1st model that I have) , ( I have mine programed for 5 different levels ) - if you press and hold for 1 second , the light comes on in HI , and goes off when button is released . But if it's off , and you just press the button for half a second and then release - it won't come on . It HAS to be TAPPED just briefly .

To make the light come on , and stay on , you just TAP the button . To go to the next level , TAP the button 2 quick times , 2 more TAPS to go to the next level , 1 TAP to turn it off .

I think your problem may be that you're pressing the button for half a second - then releasing . The LF5XT works by TAPS ...... not presses .

Try that and see if you see a difference in operation , please .

Last edited:

CNR

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot for your answers and the welcome, but neither seems to be the case i'm afraid.

TooManyGizmos : i know what you mean, no, i tap it, allthough i tried pretty much everything else i could think of, light taps is what i started with, but it very rarely works this way, i mean the button travels to the end without resistance (allthough not as smoothly and clearly as the LF2) but as it reaches the end of the travel, nothing happens, unless you tap strong.
Imagine that when i PH to get it at 100%, after 10-20sec, my thumb gets tired, eases off the pressure a bit and it gets to user mode again.

The flashlight is brand new but the problem is that this behaviour is inconsistent and at the end it works, so a warranty claim may be disputable, but it's so uncomfortable that it's not the light you'd want to use in any case if you have an alternative.

MIKES1 : I did clean the tailcap's spring and rear of inner tube where it contacts, do you think i should use a contact cleaner or WD40 ?
Should i dare to use contact cleaner on the button assembly ?

I also noticed that the golden plated spring inside the battery tube was loose as it came, so i just pushed it with the battery to make it sit better inside the tube.

mikes1

Enlightened
The other possablity is the tube that the battery goes in is short and is not making good contact with the head of the light, that tube is what sends the signal from the switch. If you have a multi meter you can test the switch. I think if you loosen the light engine (you will need a sharp pair of tweezers or small scissors may work) this will make contact with the tube. This is not a fix but will prove the fault you may need a new tube

Let me know how you get on

Mike

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
CNR ,

I'm sorry , I really thought it would be the solution .

I was not aware you had already been thru all that .

Make sure the head and tail are tight , no gaps .

Other than that , I suspect you have a faulty micro-switch . Or maybe your pill in the front could be screwed in a little too far. Check the retainer ring in the tail cap too .

I wish I could help you , but thats all I've got .

Let us know the outcome .

Last edited: