LM31 and LM33 "Warmth" and Low-Level Brightness?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I LOVE my old green led Cmg infinity. It's been running for 9 years now. It was my best light for 5 of those years and got used a ton. It still gets used at night now, but just for bathroom trips. What a form factor......

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I LOVE my old green led Cmg infinity. It's been running for 9 years now. It was my best light for 5 of those years and got used a ton. It still gets used at night now, but just for bathroom trips. What a form factor......

It really is a classic. With all the incredible advances in LED technology recently, it's still a little marvel. Simple, dependable, bombproof, and runs forever---I think I change the AA alkie cell about once a year!

SEMIJim

Enlightened
Luminescent,

Thanks for the extensive, detailed comments. I knew that stuff, but it was a good read, anyway :). Btw: I was speaking in terms of "typical," or "average" colour. While there are exceptions w/in a model line, generally speaking: Some models tend toward blue-ish-ness, others have a pronounced green tint or rings, others are noted for their "nearly white" light, still others for being a bit "warm."

ernsanada and AFAustin,

Ok on the LM33's "low" being too bright, close up. Will go with the LM31, instead. And yes, AFAustin, the flexibility of her being able to use her late-night reading light as a flashlight is a consideration.

pilou,

Because a small, hand-held light gives more flexibility in reading position w/o having to fill a large area with light.

Thanks, everybody, for your comments!

Jim

Latest posts