Longest Throw Flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvanlaar

Newly Enlightened
Emisar D1s might be a good option as well. Production just started on these.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?438124-Emisar-D1S-thrower!
8badb2756710c7ff823cba6c44cde603.jpg

nvanlaar

Newly Enlightened
That's like... more than 10x less intensity than the other lights mentioned in this thread...
Seems to be at least on par with the op light and I figured I would toss it out there since I saw the D1 mentioned.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the money, you'll be hard pressed to out do the build quality of the Emisar D1S which is just becoming available. $40 gets you a well built host with BeCu springs, ramping UI, XP-L HI in 6500k, 5000k, or 4000k CCTs, and approximately 120Kcd+. This thing runs on a single 18650 as well.

Otherwise in your price range I would say the BLF Gigathrower if you can get in on a pre-order, but it is huge and uses multiple cells.

For a 2S setup under $250, STO's Wrath of Ra can hit 1000Kcd.

Personal opinion, for a useable thrower that has good range and still useable within the range that you can honestly see, the D1S would be the way to go.

runnikee

Newly Enlightened
I really appreciate everyone's responses and recommendations. I love all of the information and have been doing tons of research on all of these! I've even started looking for lights for my dad and brother for Christmas. It's gone so far as that I've even started looking at headlamps for them to wear for night fishing! I had no idea there was so much out there!

runnikee

Newly Enlightened
runnikee the Olight repair center is located in Going Gear's building in Smyrna Georgia. Maybe calling Going Gear can help you contact Olght for service. If you want better throw than your M3x check out the OLight SR52ut, it has great throw in a compact light.

I just called Going Gear and they no longer do repairs for Olight. The gentleman I spoke to told me I have to contact them directly. He also said Olight has a backlog, but they will eventually get back to me. I guess the wait continues... :popcorn:

runnikee

Newly Enlightened
I'm leaning towards the TN42 at this point. My only concern is that for all this talk of throw distance, I've seen a couple of reviews saying you can only get a few minutes of that throw out of your batteries before it's greatly reduced. Any thoughts from anyone who knows about them?

ericpilot

Newly Enlightened
Hello to all,

I have tried to become a member of the blf forum. I registered as a new user and a message said that there was a message in my inbox of my email with further instructions but after 3 days there is no message. Apparently one cannot contact the administration. Does anyone know what else I can do? I am interested in getting on the list for the gt. Thanks for any help

Eric

Empath

Flashaholic
This thread has been little more than shilling and a marketing promotion. The topic introduced by the OP is already being handled in the long running thread referenced by B0rt, the "Flashlight Royalty" thread. Continued discussion of that topic may be conducted there. Introduction of shilling there too will be watched.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.