Looking for a dresser "valet"

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
Something to put all my EDC stuff in when I get home from work. Anyone know of any links? Something with a few pull out drawers and an open top with compartments would work great!

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
Yeah that's overkill. Those are better to store things....but to be honest I would just use a cheap plastic tackle box intead of that stuff....

I am looking for something to throw my crap in when I get home from work....

This looks cool....

B000B8QDHK.01-A8K3K4OR6EXJA._SCLZZZZZZZ_V1125660079_.jpg

slvoid

Newly Enlightened
Drawers? Wouldn't the point of EDC be something you carry on your person at all times, hence being small enough that it should all fit into a small bowl?

bagman

Enlightened
I was bought a lovely wooden valet last Christmas that my parents got from Costco.

They had a wide range on wooden products like that including jewlery boxes from China.

Worth having a look if you have one near you.

Mine has a glass lid with 3 compartments as well as 2 open compartments and a full width draw underneath. It currently has lots of knives in the draw plus o rings, split rings, batteries, little torches etc under the glass

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty short-sighted. Some of us have a variety of items to choose from so while we each might carry a gun, knife, watch, paracord bracelet :), Atwood tool, flashlight, etc. all (one of each on any given day), it's nice to have a place to put the others when we go to choose which variety of each we're going to carry with us that day.

Maybe you need to augment your EDC options. Or if you are happy with your little bowl, that's great too. :) But to answer your original question, yes -- I have enough options that I need something with drawers.

JM-99

slvoid said:
Drawers? Wouldn't the point of EDC be something you carry on your person at all times, hence being small enough that it should all fit into a small bowl?

Last edited:

cutlerylover

Banned
Im looking for somethign to organize my EDC items as well...I have looked at those wooden chests before but couldn;t find one I liked that was in ym budget...Here are soem pics of what I am using now...It was $9.99 at walmart it is a mail holder/hidden key holder...an on my dresser is a old wooden cigar box as well as a box inside my dresser...All of these things hold my "cheap" EDC stuff like really cheap flashlights, knives, cell phone, watches, wallet/backup wallets, Lockpick, brass knuckles, scissors, multitools, keys, keyrings, lanyards, etc...
Since I collect knives as well as flashlights and Zippos, I already have nice display cases as well as nice storage cases for all of those nice expensive items, but this is where I keep the cheap stuff...Even though most of it is out of view I feel unorganized and it seems messy to me so I want to get somethign to put it all in too...

IMGP6212.jpg

IMGP6213.jpg

IMGP6214.jpg

IMGP6215.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/cutlerylover/IMGP6216.jpg

IMGP6216.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/cutlerylover/IMGP6213.jpg

cutlerylover

Banned
Thats very nice but again too expesive for me...I mean Its very nice wood and very classy but for $100...Im looking to spend less than $50...but somethign that would still look nice on top of a dresser...Im not sure if I will find somethign like that for less than $50...?

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
I think it is 39 bucks, but you can find 20% off coupons for that store all over.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I have a beautiful wooden tray with felt lining from Italy, that my wife gave me as a gift.

Actually, I can use a second one, so it will be nice to see what else there is for this.

I love the machinist's chests, however, I like to keep some things in my safe, and that chest could be carried out of the house by a thief.

Best,

RL