Looking for AA or 2 AA Light with LOW LOW mode

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
I have an AA2 Turbo already and my mom really likes the super low mode, so i think i might grab her one for Christmas. Only issue is the cost! I just need something with a low mode that is EASY to access. Zebralights are too easy to not press just right and you end up blinding yourself. Any other lights out there that have a super low mode that is easily accessible that is a little less money? Twist to access low or a control ring would be good. Anything you have to click through would be too complicated for her.... Ideas? I love my quark and would be OK with buying one, but there has to be a cheaper option! THanks!!

Nico01

Newly Enlightened
You could go with a less expensive Quark, like the AA. About $15 cheaper I think.

Also, you could look into the Klarus ST10. It's got a slightly complicated UI, but it's not too bad.

BarryH

Enlightened
I just got a couple of the ThruNite TI Firefly lights in the mail today and am impressed with the low low mode. There were a couple recent threads on them that caught my interest.

An inexpensive little AAA twisty that has a low of .04 and a high of 60 lumens. Nice knurled grip and can easily go in a pocket, on a key ring, or hung from a lanyard.

Texas Made

Newly Enlightened
The lowest low that I have in an AA light is my zebra sc51w. Although I do have to agree that the UI makes it a bit cumbersome to get to the low mode. I wonder if someone knows of a way to get directly to low on the first click?

Samy

Enlightened
My parents can't get high mode on my SC51, they always get into low mode and can't come to grips with the UI.

I vote for a 1x or 2xaa quark tactical with the .02 moon mode.

Cheers

Filip

Newly Enlightened
Advise them to hold the button to cycle from Low → Med → High (and remember it as the only operation needed to change the levels) instead of clicking which cycles from High → Med → Low. Holding is a lot easier than clicking for older people and very young children (this worked for my 2.5 yrs old daughter who loves to play with my toys). Not that I would recommend Zebra's UI for my parents generation, though.

My parents can't get high mode on my SC51, they always get into low mode and can't come to grips with the UI.

I vote for a 1x or 2xaa quark tactical with the .02 moon mode.

Cheers

Last edited:

night5talker

Newly Enlightened
The MyTorch AA or 2AA! AA would be perfect as it's "handbag size" and the best part you can turn the low mode down as far as you want!
The first of many programmable torches I predict!!