Looking for Pila 168S

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on conversations with several dealers, apparently Pila temporarily stopped production of the batteries not for use in their lights, but due to demand, will continue making them.
Problem is, everyone I've spoken to is backordered until January, though one intimated that they may get some in mid-December.
I would like to buy a pair of the 168S batteries, and the AC charger, and of course I want them right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anyone know of a dealer who has the 168S in stock?

If anyone just feels sorry for me, and would like to give me a couple of their Pilas and their charger, that would be fine, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owen,
Hang tight. The word is that a fellow CPFer may be able to make some available to us. I don't know what the price will be, but if you want it sooner than later, just keep an eye out.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Badbeams,
These serve as replacements for the 123's in certain instances. One 168S is equal in length to two 123's. Two 150S's are equal in length to 3X123's. A single 168S will drive an LED light really well. Two 150S's will drive just about any light with 9 volt requirements. There are plenty of applications. Just do the math. A single Pila is rated at 3.7 volts and will top out at ~4.2 volts. Both the 168 and 150 are rated at the same voltage, but have different capacities.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Floating Spots,
Thank you for the link.
$86 for two 168B, and the charger, not including shipping. The best price I'd found for two Pila 168S+charger was $97+shipping.
For an online CC transfer, I'll have to pay an additional 7%, so $92.02+shipping. Not too bad.
I'm going to give it a little time, and see if I can luck up on some Pilas without ordering from overseas, but that place is definitely an option.

toneedo

Newly Enlightened
Be careful that 168B is larger in diameter then the 168S. If your planning on using these pila batteries for the surefire L4, then the 168"S" is the size you want. The "B" would be too fat to fit into the tube of the L4.

Floating Spots

Enlightened
The Wolf-Eyes B should be the same battery as the Copia S.
Both are supposed to be 16.5mm in diameter.
Toneedo, are you saying they are different by a fraction or by a mile?

toneedo

Newly Enlightened
Your right, B is the the same size as S, it will fit the L4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif anyone want to buy some?