Looking for suggestions on M1X and DBS

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
the ACE will most likely dominate the M1X. The Reason is the giant Reflector and the much higher drive level. Therefore the M1X will run longer. The driver is better as well. Several people are experiencing issues with the ACE driver.

We need ACE vs MX1 vs DBS beam shots. :)

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
Maybe "compromise" wasn't a good choice of word but that's all I could think of at the time. Maybe the better word to use would be "combination." So what I meant to say was that it has the throw like the DBS R2 and the spill of the DBS MC-E. I can see myself getting a M1X or similar (e.g. ACE).

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
beamshots
popcorn.gif

neoseikan

Enlightened
Here are two beamshots:

M1X v.s. Legion II and Legion II v.s. DBS

legion2_show_09.jpg

barrel.a10.dbs.l2.text.r1.jpg

(by wbp)

If you want to see the DBS MC-E, here is another one pics from wbp.
tree.DBS%20Q5R2.DBS%20MCE.L2%20LVL5.jpg

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I don't have one, I'm sure the M1X will out-throw the DBS with the MC-E pill. The single R2 with the smooth reflector does out-throw the MC-E set-up, but it's a very tightly focused beam.

I have been VERY happy with my MC-E set-up in the DBS. I run it on 2xIMR123's 95% of the time, but do have the extender for if and when I need longer runtime. High doesn't run very long at all on the 2xIMR123's, but for longer use I can always drop it a level to medium which is still over 100 lumens.

And as far as the throw of the MC-E set-up in the DBS goes, it seems about equal to my TK11 R2. The DBS just has a much larger hotspot of course. In total darkness, I can see out past 100 yards with it no problem....and it lights up everything in it's path!