Low self-discharge type Titanium NIMH AA and AAA batteries

Mike abcd

Enlightened
AmondoTech said:

We will introduce two low-self discharging ( 20% Annual loss of charge at 68 degree Fahrenheit)

Will be
AA 2100mAh
AAA 800mAh
Regards,
Wayne

Great news! What's the discharge rate like at higher temps? I'd love to get some NiMH cells that could live a month in a car in the Texas summer and still provide reasonable output.

Mike

A

AmondoTech

I'd like to thank the members come out with great names. I also want to thank many people emailed me the names.

Please continue to brainstorm names. We will pick up one later this week or early next week.

For the self-discharge rate at different temperatures, my guess is for every 10 Celsius increases, there will be 2X increase in self-discharging. My guess is based on my high school chemisry. The self-discharging rate at different temperature is a good topic to discuss. We may need to wait until more people get hold of the batteries and start to gain experience.

Again, thank you for the great names and let's get the ideas going again.

Regards,
Wayne

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about "Titanium E2" (actually E squared). Then you could get free publicity from the bunny company sueing you :laughing:

UVvis

Enlightened
Titanium Lock

Locking power in, and titanium cause it is tough, and your name brand.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
AmondoTech said:
We will introduce two low-self discharging ( 20% Annual loss of charge at 68 degree Fahrenheit)

Will be
AA 2100mAh
AAA 800mAh

Availability: Around April 2006 depending how early we got the name straight out.
Wayne, do you have any plans for low self discharging C and D cells?

BackBlast

Newly Enlightened
Do you have any other information on these cells? What kind of life span (time, not cycles) will they have compared to traditional NiMH (~3 years?)? I saw rumors of better cold weather performance with the sanyos, is that true with these?

I like Titanium LX, no particular reference or meaning.

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened
How about:

- Titanium Gold
- Nitro
- Titanium Nitro
- supercharge
- Titanium Max
- Titanium OD (Overdrive)
- Titanium OverDrive
- OverDrive
- Fusion
- Titanium Fusion
- Titanium TC (TurboCharge)
- Titanium Plus
- Boost
- Titanium Boost
- Titanium AT (AmondoTech)
- AmondoTech Booster
- Titanium Infinity
- Infinity
- Titanium Ultra
- Titanium AR (Always Ready)
- :thinking:

A

AmondoTech

I just can't stop laughing when I saw JimH posted
"Titanium E2" (actually E squared). Then you could get free publicity from the bunny company sueing you"

They say "no publicity is a bad publicity!"

How about " Titanium everlasting Power" ?????

As for size C and D everlasting or low-self discharge NIMH batteries, I have put in a product requirement along with a big PO. Let's see the contract engineers will bite or not? Even if they do, it will take a while to get the products out in the market.

In the meantime, let's continue to get "brain storm" a everlasting name. If you want to leave a mark in the battery history, put in your thought.

Regards,
Wayne

juin21

Newly Enlightened
How about "ION" batteries
"titanium ion" battries
"titanium Electron" batteries
"Luminous" batteries
"Tiger" batteries
"Silver Tiger" Batteries
"Vivid" batteries
"camel back" batteries, "will get your there and back"...uhm...trying to think of endurance animals here...
Hope that helps...

Don_Redondo

Newly Enlightened
If this is still going on - how about a low maintenance reference like

Titanium FE - as in Titani 'em and forget 'em.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne, I'm assuming these will be private labeled Sanyo Eneloops; that's great. Do you have a handle on pricing yet? You know CPF is always in need of a good deal! I for one would also be up for discounts for buying more than a few cells.

Anyway, even though Titanium is a currently used brand name for you, these cells are so different than your existing offerings I think they'd benefit from a Titanium-free name, something unique to differentiate them.

Primecell
Totalcharge
Maxipower