LS, SE pill for the 1 AAA Legend.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my latest mod, A pill for the 1 AAA Legend using a SE, LS. I built a 2 AA Legend with a 5 watt SE a little while back and have planned to offer a few for sale but everythings been delayed since I have been having problems obtaining a transistor for my converter. As I was waiting, I became bored out of my mind. With the parts lying around I decided to build a pill for the 1 AAA Legend using a white 1 watt side emitting Luxeon Star. The 1 watt SE is driven at 3.6 volts 125ma. It will run for roughly 1 hour and 10 minutes on 1 alkaline AAA cell. Believe it or not brightness is comparable to a Reactor run on lithium AA's. The beam shot is a comparison between a Reactor (left) on fresh AA alkalines and the 1 AAA Legend (right) using an energizer alkaline battery. If I get enough people wanting these 1 AAA Legends modded with this pill, I may be able to build a limited quantity of them when my transistors arrive for my converters.
grin.gif

fcab41f0.jpg
fcab41c4.jpg
fcab41c2.jpg
fcab41bf.jpg
fcab419c.jpg
fcab41ad.jpg

ARC mania
grin.gif

curvie

Newly Enlightened
OOH OOH! I want. Very nice work! I'm still waiting for the solitaire mod to become avaiable... hopefully sometime in the future?

cheers,

Victor

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent!

Ya baby, that, I'll put on my key ring!

MicoLuxeon!
grin.gif

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to say this but It may take a little time to build these pills due to problems obtaining the 1 watt white SE LS's from bin#Q2H as well as the SOT-323 transistor and SOD-323 schottky diode. So far I've gone through my batch of 1 watt SE's and after testing each one individually I just found out that 90% of the SE's were greenish-yellow. It may take a little more time than I previously thought as I have to return this batch of SE's and have them replaced. The most I would be able to make is bewteen 10 to 15pcs since the components I use are extremely small and very difficult to work with. If I could get a very large order, over 100pcs or more, I could have a contractor build these pills for me. Pricing may be a bit steep and at this point I won't be able to quote a price yet until I have obtained all the parts. Once these pills are ready I will post them or you could send me an e-mail. Thank you for understanding.

ARC mania

curvie

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Just tried sending you an email, but the server restricted access to your address...

Victor

Latest posts