Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Toehead

Newly Enlightened
That's a great idea too Tachead, especially if if the lumen output is similar, or slightly lower, with standard one CR123. I like the idea of potted electronics and a warm tone. One of the main draws for me if the MV beam, do you have anything similar to MaxVision? The only bad thing is it doesn't help people that already have an E2T-MV and I don't know anything about design and manufacturing but I suspect the body project is a probably easier than the head...considering the body has already been designed and tested.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
I agree, it is absolutely intentional on Surefire's part.
As I mentioned to get the High/Low to work 100% flawlessly, at least 0.4mm is needed.
So in order to make a good and dependable body for the E2T-MV head a dedicated body with extended threads is needed.

All in all, it is not difficult to make but the market is the concern here.

Someone will need to have the E2T-MV to begin with.
This same someone will be one who don't mind to use 16340 rechargeables.
This person will also want a shorter light and don't mind the 30% drop in output.

So you see, a lot of "ifs" here. LOL.

Cheers.

Mark
What about making a 0.5mm circular metal shim that can fit into the Tactician head, so a normal E-series body will be able to reliably touch the high-mode contact in the Tactician head? A circular metal shim would cost almost nothing.

fyrstormer

Banned
The shim I'm thinking of would need to be perfectly flat, and sized to fit snugly around the plastic insulator inside the back of the Tactician head. This would ensure it doesn't fall out or accidentally bridge the gap between the high-mode contact and the electrically-conductive head threads.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Re the 1xAA , in my case I outfitted my Klarus P1A with a neutral tint Malkoff 3 speed engine from the MDC so I have the Klarus hi/lo head collecting dust. It would be super cool to put that head with a hi/lo ring on a Lumens Factory body.

Yup, the P1a was E compatible at the business end.
IMG-20190126-215533.jpg

And if you did 1aa compatible 'bulbs' for E heads, I'd be all over those too.

Last edited:

Mark@LF

Enlightened
The shim I'm thinking of would need to be perfectly flat, and sized to fit snugly around the plastic insulator inside the back of the Tactician head. This would ensure it doesn't fall out or accidentally bridge the gap between the high-mode contact and the electrically-conductive head threads.

Great idea, I'll look into this when I come back from the Holidays.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Yes, this is definitely a somewhat niche item. What kind of run size are you looking at to make this worth it? Would a pre-order of some kind be an idea?

Never liked taking someone's money without having the product, so we haven't done "Pre-orderd" in the past 13 years that we have been in business. :)

Run size? 30 max probably.

Can't really offer a tactician twist operated head because of patents and such, but I will look into the possibility of making something similar in the future.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never liked taking someone's money without having the product, so we haven't done "Pre-orderd" in the past 13 years that we have been in business. :)

Run size? 30 max probably.

Can't really offer a tactician twist operated head because of patents and such, but I will look into the possibility of making something similar in the future.

Yeah, I am not a huge fan of the pre-order sales model either. I just thought I would bring it up as a possible way to make a small run happen.

I was just wondering how many 1 cell Tactician bodies you would have to make to make it worth it.

Patents? I thought other countries aren't bound by US patent laws?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another idea Mark...

A lot of people all over the internet want a 2-way clip that fits the Tactician so they can carry bezel down. I think if you made one that fits as well as the stock clip you would make a killing(aka they would sell very well). I for one will take 2 of them the day they appear on your site👍.

Nephron44

Enlightened
Another idea Mark...

A lot of people all over the internet want a 2-way clip that fits the Tactician so they can carry bezel down. I think if you made one that fits as well as the stock clip you would make a killing(aka they would sell very well). I for one will take 2 of them the day they appear on your site[emoji106].

I have a pretty good hack for the clip in another thread, just FYI

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a pretty good hack for the clip in another thread, just FYI
Yeah, I saw it the other day(good idea, thanks👍) and had already thought of a few ways to mod it including having my buddy machine a delrin shim but, decided I want a proper fitting factory or aftermarket solution or I will just run the stock one(it doesn't bother me much as I have the EDCL1-T for bezel down carry). I honestly think a lot of people would buy one if one were available and people were informed about it.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Another idea Mark...

A lot of people all over the internet want a 2-way clip that fits the Tactician so they can carry bezel down. I think if you made one that fits as well as the stock clip you would make a killing(aka they would sell very well). I for one will take 2 of them the day they appear on your site.

I can only make 1 version of the 2 way for the tactician if I decide to make them.
So I guess it is the long version 2 way clip?

It is quite expensive to make clips because they are all stamped so the MOQ is very high.
So if I can get away with a delrin shim of some sort, it would be way better and way cheaper.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only make 1 version of the 2 way for the tactician if I decide to make them.
So I guess it is the long version 2 way clip?

It is quite expensive to make clips because they are all stamped so the MOQ is very high.
So if I can get away with a delrin shim of some sort, it would be way better and way cheaper.

Yeah, I think the long 2-way would sell best for you as there are quite a few users on various forums looking for one for their stock Tactician's and I believe most want reasonably deep carry.

Yeah, I can imagine the minimum order quantity is quite high and the QPQ process can't be cheap either. Although a new clip would obviously be the nicest option, I think people would still be happy with some kind of shim to make the current one work as long as it offers a tight fit with no play.

Thanks for being open to ideas Mark. It is awesome having someone making high quality aftermarket parts for these lights and a lot of us really appreciate it👍.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, where exactly did you find this?
It's a pic posted of Paul Kim's personal light. It was posted by Bykfixer in the PKDL products thread in the flashlight collecting sub but, has also been shown on Facebook. It is a one off titanium E1 made by Foster Brothers and someone said they saw a Nichia 219 in it.

Last edited:

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanx, gentlemen. Somehow, I don't dig this Ti version. I think sf lights have been so much associated with HA that considerable deviations just look wrong

Latest posts