• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop BLF GTvn V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

With GTvn we have officially surpassed all science fiction portrayals of LED technology.

Brittany Spears best describes my feelings for the GTvn in her song, "Crazy":

baby i'm so into you
you've got that something
what can i do?

baby you spin me around
the earth is moving
but i can't feel the ground (b/c GTvn).

Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened

OK, the batteries were charged in about 3-4 hours, and I carefully placed the battery carriers into the BLF GT (arrows on the carrier posts must point to head of light)

The UI had been set to 6 output levels (or defaulted to 6), with the first level being 1% or less. At that level, you have a 6 inch circle of light projecting for a long distance.

I made the mistake of hitting a nearby white wall with 100% power. After my eyesight had recovered from that, I compared the spot to others from my 1 Mcd to 1.4 Mcd flashlights. The spot from the BLF GTvn90 is much, much bigger, and seemed more intense (which it is, of course).

I then walked my dog around the block, mainly using level 2, but occasionally double-clicking the button to reach 100%. A big searchlight beam shot into the sky, or blasted trees a block away. I need to take the light to a park around 10 blocks away, where I can light targets 500 yards away.

My initial impressions are way beyond "impressed". It like carrying my X65vn, but with a more narrow beam. The fact that one LED can do this is really amazing.

Luminus developed the CFT-90 to replace some HID and Short-Arc searchlights. Obviously, they succeeded, with the help of Vinh and the BLF GT.

Oh, forgot to mention, at 100% I can feel the heat in the beam at least 10 feet away.:)

what flashlights do you have that are 1.4 mcd ?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeap, we couldnt dream this up... star c star, do you have a stock gt ?

star_c_star

Enlightened

Yeap, we couldnt dream this up... star c star, do you have a stock gt ?

No, I decided to wait until Vinh started selling modded versions of the BLF GT, then chose what I thought was the "best" option.

Why not combine a searchlight caliber LED (CFT-90), with a giant high quality reflector flashlight? Vinh did this, so I bought it.

hahoo

Enlightened

My better Rev-Victor Enthusiast is 1.38 Mcd, so I rounded up.

them lil chicklet beam lights dont count as real flashlights :eek:oo::D
jk man, those lazer like aspheric lights have always looke dpretty neat to me
thought of picking up a cheap one just for kicks.
now go out and get us some awesome beamshots of that tractor beam light you now have access to :D;)

tractorbeam1_1395.jpg

star_c_star

Enlightened

I just looked at Luminus' information about the CFT-90 LED:

(from the Luminus webpage for their CFT-90-W LED)

Applications:
•Replacement of 300W or higher XENON lamps in fiber illumination applications: endoscopy, machine vision, instrumentation and more
•Stage lighting narrow beam spotlights with 7800K (WSS) optimized color point
•Off-road vehicles / truck long range projector lights
•Search lights
•Inspection and industrial applications
•Architectural lighting
•Beacons

No wonder my new flashlight is like a search light! It IS a search light!

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened

Applications:
•Replacement of 300W or higher XENON lamps in fiber illumination applications: endoscopy, machine vision, instrumentation and more
•Search lights
•Architectural lighting
•Beacons

WELLCOME TO THE"CRAZY FREAKING THROWER 90" CLUB!!!!

Applications:
•Search lights
•Architectural lighting
•Beacons

GTvn is the greatest thrower flashlight in the history of mankind. It is also the very first thrower flashlight with enough POWEFUL BEAM DISTANCE so I don't have to imagine if my TN42 beam is reaching Warner Center Tower 3 from the Warner Gateway parking structure... Thank you Vinh! Mark my words here. Vinh Nguyen of Sky Lumen has accomplished the absolute impossible feat! Thank you Vinh! Powerful LED beam from Warner Gateway in Woodland Hills, CA onto Warner Center Tower 3! Real!

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened

GTvn is the greatest thrower flashlight in the history of mankind. It is also the very first thrower flashlight with enough POWEFUL BEAM DISTANCE so I don't have to imagine if my TN42 beam is reaching Warner Center Tower 3 from the Warner Gateway parking structure... Thank you Vinh! Mark my words here. Vinh Nguyen of Sky Lumen has accomplished the absolute impossible feat! Thank you Vinh! Powerful LED beam from Warner Gateway in Woodland Hills, CA onto Warner Center Tower 3! Real!

The stock BLF GT alone is a masterpiece of design that set the bar much higher for LED technology to finally step up to the HID thrower game. (have you seen AdventureSportsFlashlights review of the prototype GT lighting up the entire side of a 10-story hotel from over a mile away?) This is a reflector-based flashlight that trounces the former throw king Deft-X aspheric that costed twice as much, Vinh adds the magic to make it even better. It is amazing how far LED technology has come in the last decade, from the 5mm dim bluish tiny LEDs that could barely beat a candle to what Vinh is building here with the GTvn.

Issue

Enlightened

Is 1,75mlux and 5000lumen the final specs of GTvn90? Is there chance for better versions in near future? Like TK61vn. :)

I REALLY want one but i find it hard to motivate spending that money on something i dont need or have use for. Would bring me lots of fun tho..

star_c_star

Enlightened

I changed the 6 light modes of the BLF GTv90 (1 - 5 - 15 - 50 - 70 - 100 ** 100) to 3 modes (1- 30 - 100 ** 100), by programming the DriverVNX2 driver. It took less than a minute.

Now it matches all my other programmable DriverVNX2 Vinh Lights.

I also purchased some slip-on camera lens hoods (protects from dust, moisture & impact), one for the BLF GTvn with its giant 5 inch front glass lens, and other sizes for my other flashlights which are not in Pelican cases.

I changed the 6 light modes of the BLF GTv90 (1 - 5 - 15 - 50 - 70 - 100 ** 100) to 3 modes (1- 30 - 100 ** 100), by programming the DriverVNX2 driver. It took less than a minute.

I also purchased some slip-on camera lens hoods (protects from dust, moisture & impact), one for the BLF GTvn with its giant 5 inch front glass lens, and other sizes for my other flashlights which are not in Pelican cases.

Wow star_c_star! Great idea and you give me guidance on how to treat my GTvn! Congrats. 🎉

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I personally set my light to 1-5-15-50-70-100. Why? I might need to use 50% for long period of time without overheating the head or led.. i will get variety of modes and quick turbo just double click..

tailswitch with the vnx.. maybe less modes..

hahoo

Enlightened

beamshots...we need beamshots....

star_c_star

Enlightened

I personally set my light to 1-5-15-50-70-100. Why? I might need to use 50% for long period of time without overheating the head or led.. i will get variety of modes and quick turbo just double click..

tailswitch with the vnx.. maybe less modes..

I see your logic, and was very tempted to leave my BLF GTvn at six modes.

If there was a choice for 1 - 20 - 50 - 100 ** 100, I would always use it. The closest is 1 - 20 - 70 - 100 * 100, and 70% is too close to 100%.

ven

Flashaholic

Damn, a master piece, awesome BLF host with a crazy huge reflector, add in a 90, breathed on and perfected by vinh..................flashaholic perfection:party:

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn, a master piece, awesome BLF host with a crazy huge reflector, add in a 90, breathed on and perfected by vinh..................flashaholic perfection:party:

Complete with Trailer and Designated Parking spot out front-------------JK

Status
Not open for further replies.