• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lummi's with SST-50 Emitters

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS Lummi's with SST-50 Emitters

What a cool idea. Any chance I could trade you the Raw NS SST-50 for the Raw NS R2 that I still have on-order?

Yes, please contact me via email. I will order more SST-50.

Toby_pra, Yes I will order another 5 SST-50's. Contact me via email if anybody would like to request a SST-50 in any current Lummi.

Norm

Retired Administrator

Rob will you offer the SST-50 as a light engine for existing Raws?
I have a Raw SS.
Norm

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rob will you offer the SST-50 as a light engine for existing Raws?
I have a Raw SS.
Norm

:wave: Norm, Yes I can make to order.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Wee SS with SST-50 turned out very nice, if a little extravagant. I can't quite lay my finger on it but there's definitely something about these that makings them a bit special.
Any more interest & I will make to order.

P1050413.jpg

P1050406.jpg

I should have left the glass out (Reflection) for the photo's.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
What current are the SST-50 pulling, and whats the chance of a CR 123 sized vertion so IMR cells can be used for a burst mode? (Please)

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
What current are the SST-50 pulling, and whats the chance of a CR 123 sized vertion so IMR cells can be used for a burst mode? (Please)

The SST-50 pulls a max of 450 Ma from the 10180 in the Wee.
From the 14250 in the Raw I have measured just over the Amp.

A CR123 bassed SST-50 would be cool & most likely impressive.
There is a chance this could be on the cards. Hoping for a fair bit of new product for the start of 2010.

stinky

Newly Enlightened
The SST-50 pulls a max of 450 Ma from the 10180 in the Wee.
From the 14250 in the Raw I have measured just over the Amp.

A CR123 bassed SST-50 would be cool & most likely impressive.
There is a chance this could be on the cards. Hoping for a fair bit of new product for the start of 2010.

Just curious, but why not use XP-G R5 instead of SST-50? I would think it would be both brighter at that current and also considerably cheaper, right?

BVH

Flashaholic
A cr123 version that could run RCR123's (AW protected or his IMR's), remain near or at the length of the current RAW and that drives the SST 50 to yield somewhere in the 300 - 350 range of emitter Lumens and that used your new infinitely variable control would be an immediate "buy" for me, maybe two. No more issue about too many degrees of turn between the two levels of light. (strictly a personal issue I have, not any reflection on the product) Aluminum or stainless. As long as run time was a minimum of 20 - 25 minutes, that would be fine and if that allows more Lumens than stated above, opt for the more Lumens, not run time. The RAW has always been about brute power in a very small package, not run time.

There's my wish list!

Last edited:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rob,

I love your lights!

It'd be amazing to see what you could do with an SST-50 + CR123 light...

I guess it'd be neat to do this and compare it to an XP-G + CR123... I'd love to see you work your magic here!

:popcorn:

fyrstormer

Banned
I would definitely be interested in an RCR123 light, especially if it has some kind of regulation in it, but at least it would be able to use protected batteries.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious, but why not use XP-G R5 instead of SST-50? I would think it would be both brighter at that current and also considerably cheaper, right?

Yes, your not wrong. I am working with the XP-G at the moment & as you say cheaper. There is just something about the SST-50, it has a very robust feel about it & provides a lovely amount of full flood especially in the Wee.

I am hearing the enthusiasm for a CR123 VB Lummi, Thank you. Aim to continue with development over the coming weeks.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine just arrived today.
One word WOW
Wikked little light for sure.
Thanks Rob, awesome.
Think I have my new EDC:twothumbs

Latest posts