• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Made to order: Custom leather holster for M@G hosts ~ First run, Mac's Torch & 2D

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened
Re: Made to order: Custom leather holster for M@G hosts ~ First run, Mac's Torch & 2

So now how about one for the Surefire M6 ?

Hi brunt_sp,

Since you mentioned, I will have to let the cat out of the bag. I actually had this idea in mind after successfully made the custom holster for the Mag. And prototypes are underway now. Hopefully, I will have something to share with all M6 owner very soon.

I'll have to measure my 3D and get you started on some holsters. Is the font on the embroidery switchable? I'd like to get something with a comic font if i can. If not the one you use is fine.

Shane

Hi Shane,

Yes, that would be helpful. Maybe a 1D and a 3D "Body Length" measurement would be good (since I do not have a 1D, and not sure what is the "official length for a 1D). Please refer to my earlier post for the mentioned length. I understand that since Mag are focusable, my "Body length" is based on the half way turning. Or can I called it factory default :D

But again, since its custom made to fit. It good for you to give me your measurement, just like the earlier 2 customers for the Mac's Sceptre did. Same flashlights but with 10mm different.

Cheers,
kalk

p/s: Hi Shane, almost forgotten about your question on the fonts. Yes, you can use the Comic San font if you like. Just let me know the confirm font and color. Size would be approximately the same as my default.

Last edited:

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened
Made to order: Custom leather holster for M@G hosts, now Surefire M6 ! (UPDATED 23/5)

Hi guys,

Here is an update for various models custom leather holster that I have come up with since the last post.
Please have a look at them and I would appreciate if I could gather some feedback. Price for the Mag-Lite would be similar as the first post.

Enjoy...

Mac's Mini HID
l1.jpg

l4.jpg

Mag-Lite 2D and 2C hosts
l9.jpg

Last but not least SUREFIRE M6 :devil:
l2.jpg

l7.jpg

l10.jpg

Group photo...
l12.jpg

P/S:

The SUREFIRE M6 custom holster is more of a prototype that has been the most successful so far out of all that I have made. Partly due to the fact that the crenelated handle is tricky and uneven. Hence, a full cover holster does not look well and useful.

Last edited:

brunt_sp

Enlightened
Re: Made to order: Custom leather holster for M@G hosts ~ First run, Mac's Torch & 2

Personally I would prefer a full cover for my scalloped (non-crenulated) M6.
I think people who just want a head protector will go for an FM27 beamcover instead.

Praxis

Enlightened

Very cool design! I definitely would like one for my new Scepter by Mac. :paypal:

Nick: Praxis
Color: Black
Model: Scepter (D body) (body 103mm/total length 163)
Embroidery: no
Total cost: $53

Last edited:

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

Personally I would prefer a full cover for my scalloped (non-crenulated) M6.
I think people who just want a head protector will go for an FM27 beamcover instead.

Hi Brunt,

You are right, I have considered it before making this M6 head protector prototype. My intention is to perhaps offer just another option for M6 owners who want to same protection but without the "hard" and "bulky" look. Thus, would like to gather some feedback on it before making a few for sale.

If the M6 head covers are for sale, please let me know the price, and I will order one.

bill lafferty

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the enquiry and I will definitely inform you on that.

Very cool design! I definitely would like one for my new Scepter by Mac. Will send paypal ASAP.

Nick: Praxis
Color: Black
Model: Scepter (D body) (body 103mm/total length 163)
Embroidery: no
Total cost: $53

Hi Praxis,

Sure, take your time.
At the meantime, I will send in your request.

Cheers,
kalk

Praxis

Enlightened

Hi Praxis,

Sure, take your time.
At the meantime, I will send in your request.

Cheers,
kalk

Thanks Kalk!
:paypal: to your address. Please let me know if you have any quesitons about the order or payment.

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Kalk!
:paypal: to your address. Please let me know if you have any quesitons about the order or payment.

Hi Praxis,

Paypal payment and Sceptre dimension received.

Cheers,
kalk

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

Hi Praxis,

Your Sceptre custom holster has been shipped :thumbsup:

Cheers,
kalk

sandbasser

Newly Enlightened

Greetings:

Nick: sandbasser
Color: black
Model: 1 - 3D Mag
Embroidery: Jim Trinidad
Total cost: 58.50

:paypal:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just saw this thread and I do believe your cases may be exactly what I need for a few of my lights! This question may have been asked somewhere in this thread but, can you make cases of different diameters as well as different lengths? I have to get the measurements for what sizes I need when I get home tonight. Thanks!

Karl

ledaholic

Enlightened

Oh great, now I have to go measure my lights :ohgeez:

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kalk,

Did you get measurements off of a stock 3D mag? I've completely forgotten to do that.

Shane

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

Kalk,

Did you get measurements off of a stock 3D mag? I've completely forgotten to do that.

Shane

Hi Shane,

Yes, I managed to measure a stock 3D.
And the "Body" comes up to 255mm in length. Maybe you might want to verified yours.

Cheers,
kalk

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

I just saw this thread and I do believe your cases may be exactly what I need for a few of my lights! This question may have been asked somewhere in this thread but, can you make cases of different diameters as well as different lengths? I have to get the measurements for what sizes I need when I get home tonight. Thanks!

Karl

Hi Karl,

I would like to apologized for missing your question several times. I was reading it and forgotten to reply which I told myself to do.

Yes, its possible to custom other flashlights make. The only issue is how accurate is the measurement and usually I would try them on after they are made to ensure consistency and good fitting.

However guys, you can always drop me the measurement here or via PM.
And if at the end of the day, if it does not fit well. You can always return it to me :thumbsup:

Only issue might be the lead time if you are not in a hurry.

Cheers,
kalk

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

Greetings:

Nick: sandbasser
Color: black
Model: 1 - 3D Mag
Embroidery: Jim Trinidad
Total cost: 58.50

:paypal:

Hi Sandbasser,

Just to let you know that your 3D custom leather holster with embroidery has been ship out today. It's very nice. I hoped you like it when it reaches you.

Cheers,
kalk

p/s: Thank you for being so patient for the order. Production time now is back to normal :thumbsup:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm very interested in a holster for my Mag2D! But can you explain what exactly is meant by 'GENUINE soft leather'. I want to know which material it exactly is before I buy it. Thanks!

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

I'm very interested in a holster for my Mag2D! But can you explain what exactly is meant by 'GENUINE soft leather'. I want to know which material it exactly is before I buy it. Thanks!

Hi Erasmus,

It actually meant that its made by real leather. Not artificial manmade or synthetic.

Cheers,
kalk

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Erasmus,

It actually meant that its made by real leather. Not artificial manmade or synthetic.

Cheers,
kalk
Thanks for the quick reply. Are you the same guy as Britelumens on this forum? Just a question :) I was looking at the pictures and apparently they're hosted on Britelumen's Photobucket account :)

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you the same guy as Britelumens on this forum? Just a question :) I was looking at the pictures and apparently they're hosted on Britelumen's Photobucket account :)

Hi Erasmus,

To answer your curiosity, the last few updated photos were hosting by Jo I do not have these MagLites as mould for the holster and some of these holster were pass to him to fit and to take these photos. By the way, our tiny island is not as big as Belgium so most flashaholics here somehow know each other.

Cheers,
kalk

Latest posts