mag 1aa?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
can be stripped to yield 2 3V, 1500mAH, AAA lithium cells

You mean AA, not AAA, right?

These guys work absolutely wonderful in the 1AA-Madmax or 1-AA ArcLS old style AA/twistie...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks larry! that would be nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

actually...i don't have it anymore..someone bought it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

i'll definatelly check it out though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

trailstoride

Newly Enlightened
Choua,

You are right, the CRV3 is the size of 2 AA cells. Does anyone know of a lithium battery pack made of AAA cells?

Hmm - I'm thinking 6 volts in a 2AA Mini*ag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Will 6 volts drive a 5 watt LS OK?

Off to check dat2zip's web store for parts. This could be a real hand warmer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
hmmmm..it kind of does otok! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (a little bigger though i think)

6v would be underdriving a 5w....
but if you used a bb750... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
6V would work, if you have an R or S Vf 5Wer, that is...

Beyond that, a 5Wer in a minimag body will be mighty volcanic...

trailstoride

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm... CRV3 split into two 3V AA cells, BB-700, emitter board, 5 watt LS emitter, one very bright mini*ag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
The look when someone unsuspecting turns in on - priceless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Those are really nice pics. I've been wanting to try that mod for a while and like it even more now.

The idea of chopping up a CRV3 to get 3 volt AA's seems kind of silly though. The CRV3's are expensive and can be hard to find, and the Arc 1AA twisty is bigger than the 123 twisty. Why not just use a 123?

It might be about the only good way to run a Badboy in the 1AA Minimag, but it makes more sense to just set up the electronics to use a regular AA (i.e. use a Madmax instead of a Badboy).

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i really do like this mod. it feels incredably sturdy, and is very comfortable to hold.

i think the 3v would work reall well in this, especiall if someone wanted to use a badboy over a madmax. but an aa should work really well also, especally a lithium or rechargable one.

a tip for when making it:
chuck an old mag-head into the lathe jaws and screw the body into that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

zmoz

Enlightened
Does it have to be bored out? I was thinking of just cutting it off with a chop saw...

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here is my Mini-Mini-Mag along side a CMG Ultra-G, an ARC-AAA, an ARC-AAAA and a Streamlight Key-Mate.

mmm.jpg

In the true spirit of the CPF, Shankus and I took Rothrandir's modification of the clasic AA MiniMag and took a sharp right turn with his idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif We put MadMax+Q3 sandwiches in the Mini-Mini-Mag! Here's is a thread of the results with runtime plots.

The combination of the Mini-Mini-Mag and the MadMax+Q3 makes a dynamite combination! Makes a super-bright pocket light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I forgot to mention that we are running the MadMax+Q on ONE AA Li battery! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
actually, i took off a little less than a batteries worth, then tapped, then size it down. this insures that it works optimally...i don't trust all that measureing stuff...i test-fit my work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Good building strategy too..

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
pretty much...

actually, i took off a little less than a batteries worth, then tapped, then size it down. this insures that it works optimally...i don't trust all that measureing stuff...i test-fit my work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Olde machine shop wisdom: It's a hell of a lot easier to cut it off than to put it back! (No offense to any welders out there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Roth, when you gonna turn-down a head for a flangeless NX-05, and bore the tube for a CR2 (which my caliper still says will "go") /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry