mag 3d holster or case

ZippyDan

Newly Enlightened
im looking for a full body "case" for a mag 3d. something that will protect the entire body from casual dings and scratches, including the front. i hestitate to say holster since that implies to me incomplete coverage. ive seen some cases that cover the whole light, have a zippered head section and clear plastic front so you could theoretically operate the light without taking the case off. anyone know what im talking about ? :D

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've seen rubber guards for the bezzel that could help. maybe that was only on the AA minimags.

Neil

Newly Enlightened
May be a bit expensive but possibly you could try a pelican case.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan, you could build your own. I have made this one, used an old rucksack:

Tricarustasche.jpg

Best regards

____
Tom

ZippyDan

Newly Enlightened
wow. i find it hard to believe that no one has made a holster/carrying case for a flashlight as successful and omnipresent as the mag

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think i've ever seen one. I've seen the rings where you can carry it on your belt. But i think the reason why there isn't too many holdsters for this is because the usualy C/D sized mags are a little large for belt carry. There are several custom holdster makers though. John Willis here comes to mind.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to wonder what the point of protecting the light is when you won't get to see it anyway?

:buddies:

ZippyDan

Newly Enlightened
so mr wilis. can u make me a pouch for my mag3d?

i tried sending u a pm but it says ur inbox is full

thanks

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
If you want a low-budget Pelican competitor, what about PVC? Sure, it would look ghetto (oops, not politically correct, I meant "field-expedient"), but it would cost < $10. Roll the flash in cloth or bubble wrap, and it would be nearly indestructable.

Effulgence

Newly Enlightened
1D's are custom cut-down modifications.

Anyway, what's the point of a cover for the 3D mag anyways? There's better lights out there that are worth protecting... Lighter and brighter. Besides, if it gets dinged up, they're cheap to replace and found almost everywhere.

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
Effulgence said:
1D's are custom cut-down modifications.

Anyway, what's the point of a cover for the 3D mag anyways? There's better lights out there that are worth protecting... Lighter and brighter. Besides, if it gets dinged up, they're cheap to replace and found almost everywhere.

You can easily put $100 into a $20 3D to create an ROP or a Malkoff LED, and that's before a custom body color or waterdrop head. If you don't want it to be a shelf queen, putting it in a holster or case makes sense. Part of the fun of modding is having something different - and showing it off!

Latest posts