MagLED AA - not enough spill?

mechanic in the nite

Newly Enlightened
I have the MM 3AA. I use it as a beater light at work. Before I bought the MM I was using my L2T, which I now use as a back up. Granted the runtime and output is a huge improvement over the old MMs and better than any other $20. light I have it's certainly no L2T. The L2T is a smaller package (soon to be even smaller when I recieve my CR123 upgrade from 4sevens) with the same amount of output with way better runtime, of course these features come at a price most MM users aren't willing to fork over. The things that keep me hanging on with the MM at work is that I don't mind it getting beat up and/or loaning it out. I'm an HVAC mechanic which means I spend alot of my time in drop ceilings so the Candle mode has been a very useful feature. I don't have any complaints about the throw and all my co-workers have found it useful in spotting problems and solutions in the ceilings. I can't wait for some good mods to come along though because this LED has got to be way underdriven to have about the same output as my 2AA Fenix.

I have had the flicker and the being off when it should be on problem with mine too, I resolved it by applying Noalox to the positive contact. :dedhorse:
I wonder if Mag will ever come out with a "Mag Elite" line? I'm sure if they ever spent some time at CPF they would serioously look into it.