Maglite Pro LED 2xAA: Can it be saved?

sidpost

Newly Enlightened
I have a new Maglite Pro LED silver 2xAA flashlight that has what looks like another cell stuck in it. I cannot bang or tap it out. I took the head off to see if I could push it out but, that's not an obvious way to fix it from what I could see.

I'm wondering if some of the electronics might have slipped down the tube body as there is space for one AA and a little more beyond that so the tailcap spring almost makes contact with the new cell I inserted.

I have been refunded this purchase so, at this point before I throw it away, I wanted to check and see if there is anything I can do to salvage it and save it from a landfill.

Thanks,
Sid

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You could try drilling a hole in the battery and taking a long screw and see if you can yank it hard and pop the battery out but usually batteries swell up and all but weld to the tube so you may find you have to carve out the battery guts and hone the sides of the tube down to clean it up. IMO if you have name brand cells I would see if they have a replacement warranty and if so.. contact them otherwise likely your light is toast. Many of us in the forum don't call them alkalines any more they are alkaleaks or leakalines because most of us has had something ruined by them.