Male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I have to agree with stfc69 on that -it honestly doesn't seem like he did anything wrong. Sure it may have been somewhat stereotypical, but it does indeed seem that he was trying to send a positive message overall. And as PROTOOLNUT also stated, the reaction and implied consequences for what he said were not warranted.
Fine, here's the original text then:

Males are more typically interested in technology then woman. More men play video games, more men build computer's, especially within the modding community. I've never met any woman who carred 2 cents for flashlights. Just like woman who drive cars, the majority of them don't know how to care for them, nor keep the tires inflated, basic maintenance, or even have a battery charger for their starting battery. Now that is not to say that all woman are not interested in technology, thats not what I am saying. I am simply saying, technology is more of a male dominated society. Sure woman have smart phones, but what do they use them for? Taking selfies and sending them to their friends.

You know what these smart phones are capable of doing today cause they are so fast? They could run the space shuttle. After all, the Apollo missions ran on a wimpy 486 computer, these smartphone are 100 times faster then them. If woman knew they power they had in their hands, they would probably be scarred of it. lol Seriously though, I think everyone should enjoy flashlights and other technology.

Its really all about what you enjoy I guess, but I wouldn't mind men and woman coming together over their love for something as simple as a flashlight, that be so cool. But hey, thats just my opinion. :)

Despite the best efforts of nbp and myself to keep things light back on page 1, it appears as though this thread was going to have a difficult time of it regardless. Thread closed.

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
For the record - I have no issue with the topic of this thread... "Are you a Male or a Female?" However... I *DO* have an issue with someone who posts this:

...Sure woman have smart phones, but what do they use them for? Taking selfies and sending them to their friends.

You know what these smart phones are capable of doing today cause they are so fast? They could run the space shuttle. After all, the Apollo missions ran on a wimpy 486 computer, these smartphone are 100 times faster then them. If woman knew they power they had in their hands, they would probably be scarred of it. lol Seriously though, I think everyone should enjoy flashlights and other technology.

One almost has to ask "Is this guy for real?" Kestrel was smart to edit that out of Post #4. But perhaps he wasn't smart in saving it so I could read it. PROTOOLNUT claims to not be sexist and that he has been abused since he came to CPF. He wonders where I was then. I was letting my moderators handle things because they saw it first and chose to take care of it rather than call me in. That's how things work around here. Regarding not being sexist? Sorry - too many posts in this thread alone to refute that. I honestly don't NEED to know anything more about him to know what kind of person he is. But obviously he doesn't know me... or that this place is actually owned and operated by a female... who actually DOES know the power she has in her hands... and isn't one bit scared of it!

Toodles PROTOOLNUT! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.