Malkoff Lego Incan?

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip. I'm not surprised the hi/low didn't work. If it did that would be a pleasant surprise. Thanks for giving it a try.

IIRC the resistor in the high low ring is reducing current whereas incan brightness s regulated off voltage. This is almost always the case with switches used to adjust LED brightness vs. switches for incan brightness.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried Lumens Factory E-series head to Malkoff CR123 body. It fits but the clip press against the head and I don't want it to be scratched. Longer bodies will work better.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. Mine doesn't do that. The smooth head on the current mdc body is fine. I could see how the hex head could get scratched. With the hex head I'm not sure you could use it without bending the clip.

1996alnl2

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, I miss my incan Surefire 6P. Regret selling it years ago. I don't currently have an incan light in my collection now, but I'm drawn to the classic warm beam. I think I'm going to look and see what Lumens Factory has to offer.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did the very same thing and the parts arrived yesterday. Very happy with the result. Fantastic light with this module, perfect spill with no halo whatsoever, and a great, smooth hotspot with some good throw for 40Lm (seems a good bit brighter than that). Still looks good with the new head too.

GRV5A.jpg

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did the very same thing and the parts arrived yesterday. Very happy with the result. Fantastic light with this module, perfect spill with no halo whatsoever, and a great, smooth hotspot with some good throw for 40Lm (seems a good bit brighter than that). Still looks good with the new head too.

GRV5A.jpg

Looks great bud,

So what are these head parts?

Lumens Factory Incan head with a 3V bulb of theirs too?

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will an eneloop even light up one of those bulbs? If so about how many lumens you think it's putting out?

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might put something like this together on two Eneloops, I've got an extra Malkoff 2xAA body.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
gurdy: I'm not sure if it will light up. I don't have a 1xaa body to try it with. Running 3.7 volts on the 6volt P60 yields about 1/2 the output. At least to my eye. Perhaps the AA will light it up with about half the output. I'd expect it to be warmer in tint too.

Greenbean: That would be a nice setup. Especially if you have the parts laying around.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Smoothie E series head in black with the 3V HO-E1A lamp like miller mentioned. I also ordered the 3,6V lamp, but the difference in brightness is not noticeable and you get better runtime with the 3V on a CR123. I am also using the slightly shorter Z52 switch boot from LM with the MDC, which improves the momentary action IMO. There is a lot of air between the boot and switch with the stock boot on the MDC, and that was gripe of mine since I first got it. The difference is not huge but certainly noticeable.

sgt253

Enlightened
I just lego'ed the Lumens Factory 3v bulb (in a E1E head) onto a 1xAA Maxlite Extreme body powered by 1 AA lithium Energizer. I can tell you that the bulb lit and was half as bright as it is in the Surefire E1E (3V). I then tried an Eneloop that measured 1.38v (resting) in the Maxlite with the Lumens Factory bulb. It was ~ 1/4 as bright as the 3v bulb when powered by a 3v source. l also placed that same head configuration on a Surefire E2L AA Outdoorsman body powered by 2xAA lithium Energizers. It lit and was as bright and very white as the 3v source. I tried 2 Eneloops (1.37 and 1.38v resting) and the Lumens Factory bulb lit and was just as bright and white as the 2xAA lithiums and the 3v battery. I hope this helps.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not 100% in line with the topic, but I like using the LF e-series bezel sans the reflector. It gives a great mule option for incand bulbs

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes very helpful thank you! So on an eneloop you would guess it's around 10 lumens or so. Sounds like it'd be a great little around the house light.
I just lego'ed the Lumens Factory 3v bulb (in a E1E head) onto a 1xAA Maxlite Extreme body powered by 1 AA lithium Energizer. I can tell you that the bulb lit and was half as bright as it is in the Surefire E1E (3V). I then tried an Eneloop that measured 1.38v (resting) in the Maxlite with the Lumens Factory bulb. It was ~ 1/4 as bright as the 3v bulb when powered by a 3v source. l also placed that same head configuration on a Surefire E2L AA Outdoorsman body powered by 2xAA lithium Energizers. It lit and was as bright and very white as the 3v source. I tried 2 Eneloops (1.37 and 1.38v resting) and the Lumens Factory bulb lit and was just as bright and white as the 2xAA lithiums and the 3v battery. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

sgt253

Enlightened
@gurdygurds: My pleasure. Yes, I think ~ 8-10 lumens would be an accurate assessment. Of course, I am just guessing without actual equipment to measure.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you know if these will just start to dim as an Eneloop is drained or will the light just cut off? Also I'm guessing that an M31 module won't fit into one of those E series Elite heads.
@gurdygurds: My pleasure. Yes, I think ~ 8-10 lumens would be an accurate assessment. Of course, I am just guessing without actual equipment to measure.

Last edited:

sgt253

Enlightened
I will try and perform a test of that to reveal the result for you. Guessing , based on my previous experience in other applications, would be that the Eneloop would just cut off. No, the M31 module wont fit into the Elite heads but I can attest that it will fit the Malkoff VME Valiant Concepts Head. I run that setup in a twisty 2xAA Valiant Concepts body or the Maxlight Extreme 1xAA body previously mentioned. Nice and compact and ~ 115lumens.