Malkoff MD2?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few questions.
My high low ring seems to be cutting a groove into the body?
Also, what's the proper tool to remove the ring? Thanks!

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have the ring with the plunger or the stiff copper wire? I found the wire puts a groove in the body fairly quickly so I put a blob of solder on the end. It does require replacing every so often, but at least it is not putting a groove in the body. I would MUCH rather have the plunger design back.

I use a pair of needle nose pliers.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can get a small blob of solder on the tip of the wire, it helps a great deal from the groove getting deeper. I had some flickering problems with the light when twisted to 'high' mode, and the solder helped with that also.

I ordered another ring just recently, and it came with the wire. I was hoping for the older (I'm assuming) design. Hopefully Gene can bring that back in the future.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have the ring with the plunger or the stiff copper wire? I found the wire puts a groove in the body fairly quickly so I put a blob of solder on the end. It does require replacing every so often, but at least it is not putting a groove in the body. I would MUCH rather have the plunger design back.

I use a pair of needle nose pliers.
I had no idea that the design at changed - my Hi/Lo ring has the original plunger design and hasn't caused any visable marks to the body!

To remove the ring, I just use two ball point pens...

James.....

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I also noticed this and wondered wont wire eventually wear out too? What is a plunger? Can someone post photo of this? Bummed out becuase I havent even turned bezel to activate lo that much like 5 times. Oh and Garageboy I use some snap ring pliers I got on sale for less than 5 bucks at Harbor Frieght when I put my moddoo clip on my Z59.

Last edited: