Marine - salt water, preferably floats

FlashyOne

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, looking for a spot/narrow flood for my boat in salt water usage that wont corrode and die.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

turbodog

Flashaholic
Hi all, looking for a spot/narrow flood for my boat in salt water usage that wont corrode and die.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Underwater kinetics and pelican both make lights just for diving/water. They are polymer-based with various beams, switches, brightness, and batteries. I would go to brightguy.com and start looking. You can filter by specification.

hsa

Enlightened
Battery is proprietary. Good for 800 charges. Probably good for quite a few years. Light works great though. Bright Guy is a good place to look for alternatives and Pelican makes a good variety of lights.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery is proprietary. Good for 800 charges. Probably good for quite a few years. Light works great though. Bright Guy is a good place to look for alternatives and Pelican makes a good variety of lights.
There are also versions that run on C cells.

fuyume

Enlightened
Pelican used to be the go-to for marine lights, but they apparently no longer make them. There are no dive-rated lights listed at their website.

LEDphile

Enlightened
While the Pelican dive lights have been discontinued for some time, most of their safety-rated lights are rated IPx7, and so were tested to be watertight to 1m for 30 minutes during the development process. That should be good enough for most boating uses, and the plastic housings should do just fine in salt water.

I'll also note that the Streamlight safety-rated lights are also typically IPx7, for more options.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waypoint floats and it's "Yellow". How can you go wrong. Haha.
I don't think you can go wrong with the Wypoint. Dive lights usually don't float (anything that floats is a real PIA when you dive) and metal lights kinda suck banging around on a boat and aluminum can corrode around salt water.