• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Maxlite TITANIUM Bezel (accepting payment) & Clicky interest list

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MAXLITE & stuff interest list

Its a mini jaccuzi I made for the Maxlite :grin2:

I would jump in the pool with it but this light is a 2 stage switch so I m not that sure it would survive the depth. Perhapse the clicky would be more convincing.

flashlight said:
Eeew:toilet: :eeew: :eeksign: :eek: :green: :eeksign: Is that a Maxlite in a bidet??

Krahl

Newly Enlightened

Any news on the tactical bezel rings from TNC?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I haven't head a peep from TnC about the tactical bezels. Chris must be intensely working on the bezels...I hope.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok.. I thought I would drop in really quick.. I am extremly busy right now at work. People wanted a nice simple bezel, just like what is already available for the light. I believe TrueBlue showed a picture of one someone has already made. It seems people really liked that design.. So, I really don't like copying anyone elses design, it is not how I do things, even though some people do it all the time... :).

So, I would feel better if the original manufacturer said it was ok to make them similar. Maybe, since someone already manufactured them, there are still some available. Is the original manufacture going to make more? If so, how soon?

If they arn't going to make more then I will go ahead and make them.

Hope everyone understands where I am coming from. Just my $0.02

Chris

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I do believe the 27mm scalloped bezels were Don's (McGizmo) creation and design. I don't know if Don has any intent to make more of these and, I don't recall where to find his initial nor last post on his possible intent.

I'm sure an exact "copy" isn't/wasn't ever intended nor is it needed....least from my perspective just something to accomplish the job of front-end protection and retain some of the lines of the Maxlite.....I do hope no offense is taken here--to anyone. That certainly isn't my intention.

Karl

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chris,

Your position is understood and respected.

Personally I would like to see a bezel that resembled a miniature SF M6 (new shallow scalloped version, not the full CB). It would have fewer scallops that Don's, with a slightly more aggressive edge, but nothing that would cut your pants.

I don't think any of us really intend on using it as a strike tool, so a clean, simple, and moderately aggressive bezel will suffice to protect the head and add to the pride of ownership.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

I m with LED Zeppelin.
Shallow scalloped bezel wolud be nice on Maxlite.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

As soon as I can get in my machine again I will make a new one.. Actually it is the one I was going to make first until I found a thread which had a picture that looked the same as what I was going to make.

I might have a setup still that I didn't do the cuts on yet. If I do I will just put the scallops on it so you will see what I had in mind.

Chris

Krahl

Newly Enlightened

I`d like to run my Maxlite with NiMH Batteries but can`t find any that will fit. First I bought Sonys then Vartas, both were too long.
Could anyone recommend a brand that will fit?

Chris I`m looking forward to the bezel ring. Whatever you come up with, I`ll take it.
BTW I would still like to see a new Keylux AA 3W that will take Lions and Alkaline AA batteries similar to the JetBeam. Maybe MJ could come up with a new Canisterelectronic?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will have a pre-payment thread up for the Maxlie II's within the next 24 hours. So that there is no confusion, I wanted to mention that the Maxlite II with the high output converter is only 15% brighter than the original Maxlite AA with the same runtime. The extended run time version has slightly lower output with a tad over 2 hour runtime. Also the back wall in the barrel has been pushed so that any brand AA battery can be used. Only 50 units will be available and this will be the final run of the Maxlite.

ARC mania

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

You heard it from the man himself. Those who are still deciding better make it quick only 50 units available and no more.

ARC mania said:
I will have a pre-payment thread up for the Maxlie II's within the next 24 hours. So that there is no confusion, I wanted to mention that the Maxlite II with the high output converter is only 15% brighter than the original Maxlite AA with the same runtime. The extended run time version has slightly lower output with a tad over 2 hour runtime. Also the back wall in the barrel has been pushed so that any brand AA battery can be used. Only 50 units will be available and this will be the final run of the Maxlite.

ARC mania

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry about the fast second post but, if this is to be black HA mike, put me down for # 1....or #7!!

Karl

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

This would be in BLACK HA
See first post of this thread.

karlthev said:
Sorry about the fast second post but, if this is to be black HA mike, put me down for # 1....or #7!!

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Ghost! Looks like 'ol number 9 may be what I got unless this has started something new...not! I'm following too dang many posts so it seems!

Karl

Regentag

Banned

These threads are impossible to follow! I think there was an "interest list" for a run of black Maxlites, Bezels and Clickies.

If someone is keeping track, please put me down for two lites, 4 clickies and 4 bezels and two of anything else I may have overlooked. High power where applicable. Serial number should be the lowest 2 available prime numbers. :)

Cheers!

tdurand

Enlightened

I'd just like to re-commit my interest in this new offering.
(1) Maxlite High Output / Ti Bezel (if possible)/ Clickie tailcap.

GhostReaction,
I hope the list from post #1 will still stand as a pre-payment list.

Thanks Mike!
T