MBI: "Thing" - My newest, top secret "the product with no name"

ChibiM

Enlightened
Re: MBI: "Thing" - My newest, top secret "the product with no name"

It's a thing, emits light and has a magnet. Hmmmm. That sounds .......familiar...

ChibiM

Enlightened

Or it can be the newest wedding ring attachment... great idea.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast

We gonna get these things for Christmas?

jkevind11

Newly Enlightened

Just ordered [emoji4]

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update:

A very quick update to let you know all is still on schedule.
I've been immensely busy with everything (work, family, MBI) as is usually the case this time of year.

The production batch of Titanium Parts is due to land on Thursday (Dec 17).
PCB's are running about 2 days behind schedule but with a little good fortune, will be here by Monday (Dec 21).

The very basic packaging (manual, though more of a simple feature sheet) lands tomorrow.
Batteries, arrive this weekend.
Silicon parts already here.

So, looking good for a last week of December shipping.

There's a good chance I'm going to have to do some very simple soldering (won't know for sure until I receive the production PCB's) but with just a little preparation, hoping to knock that part out in a couple of hours.

From memory, this is probably version 5 batch of Thing-O PCB's so that should all go smoothly.

Started testing the Microchip planned for Thing-Ultimate....

To say it's busy right now is an understatement so thanks very much for your patience and I'll post an update again as soon as I have a moment and more news. For anything urgent, feel free to mail me directly as always. Always glad to be of help.

Very excited to be sharing these with you all.

Tgwnn

Uriah

Enlightened

Thing-Ultimate YEAH the Ultimate-Thing we all NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Again Guy for all your hard work we all REALLY appreciate it......

Zandar

Enlightened

GUY, sent you a reply to your email, unfortunately the wireless, my apologies "sucks" here at work. So it looks like I may have sent you 7 or so replies!!!! Please accept my apology, Alex

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want to unsubscribe so it's a surprise when I arrives, but I don't think I can miss any updates.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want to unsubscribe so it's a surprise when I arrives, but I don't think I can miss any updates.
Sound good to me.. You won't know when you gonna get the Thing, that you donno what is it either.

Isn't it exciting...? Lol..

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays :party:

I've been busy as a bee on overtime!

All parts for "things" are here and I'm spending whatever free time I can find to assemble.
I plan to spend all of Sunday, then all of Tuesday, Wednesday to get things assembled/packed and will aim to visit the post office at least by Monday to send out the first things and I'll very likely break up the shipments into 3 or 4 runs, something like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

I'll be back to post once the first things are in the air but wanted to let you all know, that everything is going well and still ok track and I'm busy doing "things" ;)

Tgwnn

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Merry Christmas, Guy!

Thanks for the update despite being literally buried in them Things. :)

Wait... Bees do overtime in Japan? That's terrible. :p

Husker

Enlightened

The secret is out!

SNLGLKE25lg.jpg

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

A very merry holiday season :party:

update:

I'm currently running about 2-3 days behind schedule :( sorry, but working as quickly as possible.

About halfway done with assembly and expect to be finished with assembly in 1 to 1.5 days from now.
I'm using a potting epoxy which takes a little longer to fully cure than planned but it get's hardish, in just a few hours so it's more efficient to do the potting in large-ish batches. In my first batch of potting, I used a little too much epoxy in a few things so had to diss-assemble those and redo them (to ensure you can replace the power source) but I've worked out just the right amount now ;)

It's quite awesome staring at a few hundred active things!!

I have my entire family helping out with assembly/inspection (kids included and they are enjoying it).

Generally, all going to plan and things working just as expected too so that is great.

Thanks very much for your patience and I'll plan to send out the "it's shipped" mails in a couple of days from now once everything is in the air so please hang on just a little longer.

I've switched off orders now for the beta (out-of-stock) though I do have about double the number of things ordered on hand to ensure everyone will receive their things.

ok, time to do just a little more, then sleep and more again tomorrow!

I'm checking mails a little less frequently than usual as I'm very focused on getting everything done right now but feel welcome to mail me if there's anything urgent and I'll get back to you as soon as I have a moment.

Thanks very much for your support :bow:

Tgwnn

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Chief! Thanks for taking the time to update the tribe! Happy holidays!

I suppose I can represent the tribe to thank you and your family for putting in the time during the holidays to get the Things into our hands.

Can't wait to get them Things.

e−

nbp

Flashaholic

+1. I am super excited to get my Things! That's fun that it is a family project. Well... hopefully they are having fun. :grin2: