• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Flashlightboy said:
Time to hijack the thread.

In-n-Out cheeseburger or Double Double, Animal Style.

Rumor has it that this is Paul Kim's favorite and that he's designed most of his lights while eating one of their burgers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have ya ever tried a 4x4?....Outstanding!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Beamhead,

Does the 4x4 come with a $5 off coupon for your first angiogram? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can handle the double double but doubling that? Whew, I'm having TMJ problems just thinking about it.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
At In-N-Out I always get a cheeseburger with fresh onions and pickles. I agree with those that say they have the best fries.....absolutely! I also like Wendy's fries. I don't know how big the chain is, but there is also a place called E-Z burger....their burgers are very similar in taste to those at In-N-Out (my first impression was that they were a copy), but their fries don't compare.

Flashlightboy: How do they make that Kung Pao calamari? Is it just calamari with a kung pao dipping sauce?

Lazerburnz: Baja Fresh is pretty good, haven't tried Chipotle yet. Their burritos look like they've got good ingredients in them, but in Men's Health, in the "eat this, not that" section, they pointed out that their steak burrito had 1100 calories and tons of fat. They suggested one of the big taco bell beef burritos which had 400 and something calories and much less fat. I really prefer Rubio's over Baja Fresh, mainly because I love their spicy hot sauce. It has a smoky flavor, which I love....a lot.... If Baja Fresh had Rubio's hot sauce, I'd think it was just as good, or even better.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
In-n-Out fries are definitely controversial. The true believers love them, everyone else doesn't seem to. To me, they don't taste quite like fries, more like a fusion of fries and those greasy potato stick snacks. The only way I can tolerate In-n-Out fries is "well done". I haven't been to In-n-Out is probably 7 years or more, because the local ones are always packed; I'll have to re-try.

Regarding fast-food Mexican, I too think Baja Fresh is pretty good. Went to Chipotle once, neither my wife nor I were impressed.

AngelEyes

Newly Enlightened
Its BK for the whopper.
Its McD for the ice cream and apple pies.
The fries are quite even, i'd say.
For breakfast, McD's takes the cake.

And i prefer Coke...

rscanady

Enlightened
4x4, mmmm......Dang gonnit dont have a In and Out near me and now I really want a 4x4, aks "Heart Stopper!" man i really miss In and Out. Once I went to Vegas mostly just to get In and Out, did some gamblin too, but man that burger was muy delicoso!

Ryan

P.S. U guys suck, now I am hungry!

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love MikeyD's fries, but too much salt, and I won't do BK after eating at three, in three different states, and getting "the stomach flu" from all three.

[Now in hi-jack mode]
When we go out anywhere, especially on a trip or vacation, we like local food much better than "the usual." We always ask people where the best local food is, and what local restuarants they recommend. We want to try new food and not the same old, same old. Not that we don't eat fast food once in a while, but only once in a blue moon.

But we like to discover and then bring home regional/new dishes. Around here there are foods you just can't get anywhere else, or won't find nearly as good elsewhere. Things like white hot dogs, authentic chicken wings (they don't taste the same in D.C. for example -- sorry), and Spiedies.

Is this worth a new thread?
[End hi-jack mode]

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wendy's for me.

In N Out whenever I'm in Southern Cali. MAkes me want to fly back there and get some (and visit some friends!)

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
rscanady said:
4x4, mmmm......Dang gonnit dont have a In and Out near me and now I really want a 4x4, aks "Heart Stopper!" man i really miss In and Out. Once I went to Vegas mostly just to get In and Out, did some gamblin too, but man that burger was muy delicoso!

Ryan

P.S. U guys suck, now I am hungry!

[/ QUOTE ]

rscanady,

OK ...just got back from I-n-O with my 4x4 with grilled onions......unwrapping the "cheese paper".......prying jaws open to ingest........uuuuuummmmmm one bite down........
2 bites down.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Will check in with Cardiologist in the AM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going with Maxabaker on the WaWa vote. All you west coasters with your In N Out Burger (yes, I've had it and its good) and your Baja Fesh think you're the bomb, but WaWa is an east coast exclusive and has awesome customizable subs (computerized ordering even) that are fresh and delicious. The jalapeno cream cheese pretzles and Kenya AA coffee are darn good as well.

PS: MacDonalds has better fries. Burger King had really good chili (I liked it even more than Wendys) but I went back a month ago and they yoinked it from the menu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting good subs on the west coast is nearly impossible, period, much less from a chain. If Wawa is any good, I'm jealous. I haven't had any subs out here from any chain that have had anything remotely like acceptably good bread like you'd get in NY or Philly, much less the meat quality. Togo's is my fave here but that's not saying much.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I voted BK.

That said, I find myself at Jack-in-the-Box the most often.

Everytime I try a zoom zoom fancy burger, I usually don't like it. A simple meat/cheese/mustard/pickles burger suits me fine.

Some of my all time favs in fast food are: JinB 99cents Chicken sandwich, BK Chicken sammie, McD Chicken Selects (notice a trend here?)...

My fave burger comes from a place called C&D in Southeast Houston. A Superb hunk of meat with just enough veggies cut up and sliced etc to perfection!

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I'd take burger king over McD.
But like the rest of the people from CA, i'd take in-n-out anyday. I usually get an #1 no onions, but I've had a 6x6 before, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif, or a 4x4 and a double double. I love that place. I grew onto burger king when I worked next to one

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Trashman,

The calamari is fried normally and then placed in a wok with the kung pao sauce until well coated. No dipping sauce here.

It's typically served with some peanuts and sliced green onion on top, at least every time I've had it.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to try that Kung Pao Calamari (eventually). The best SoCal subs that I know of are from Gene's Grinders (bread made fresh daily), and the Capri Deli (only 2 or 3 locations). For pastrami, The Hat kicks butt. Their chiliburgers aren't too bad, either. They give WAY too many onion rings. So beware, if you're the kind of person that'll keep eating the onion rings till their gone, you're probably going to regret it/feel ashamed. One order will feed four people.

cannon50

Newly Enlightened
I voted for Hardees. The first angus burger my wife and I ate there was so good and their service so impressed me that when we got home I e-mailed my compliments to them. I got a nice reply and a coupon for two angus meals! You have to wait a little longer for the food but it's worth the wait.