After the U2 ultra, what next???

• Burger King

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I voted McDonalds, primarily because they have the Hi-C orange punch.
When I used to live downtown, I'd go to the McDonalds at 3rd and Pine (just two blocks from home) quite often, usually because of the Hi-C. Where I'm at now, there's no McDonalds right "down the street", but there is one about a mile away - a short bus trip, or I can ride my electric wheelchair there directly from here if the weather is nice. I've gotten Hi-C and several varieties of Egg McMufffins there on at least several occasions.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both, actually! YMMV since I am on the other end of the world, but the food does appear to taste the same when I travel to CONUS.

I like the Macs fillet-o-fish and prefer the fries. Of course all of this is personal preference and I'm not going to pass it off as an evaluation because it isn't.

I also like the BK burgers because they use a real flame grill and you can tell the meat tastes more like what you'd get off a grill rather than an electric cooktop, which is the issue with Macs burgers.

Oh, and BK has awesome onion rings.

Macs has better iced lemon tea - not available in CONUS, seems to be specific to where I am.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many years ago I started w/ McDonalds. Then I switched to BK. Then I discovered Wendy's and pick them when I have a choice. We have lots of WhataBurger's here too and I eat there when I have to, but I put them at the bottom of my list. I don't have a problem with McD's or BK when I have to go there. For variety we have Taco Bell and Popeye's, and CiCi's Pizza.

I always ignored Wendy's because there were plenty of the others around, but when I changed companies 4 years ago I ended up visiting the local Wendy's and liked it. Now at least once a week I drive PAST a Whataburger, McD's and Sonic to get to my local Wendy's. The people working there know me and many times my food is sitting on the counter when I get there. Sometimes they have a new manager or person working on the register and they are baffled when the workers put the food on the counter before it is ordered. At my local WhataBurger it is usually a 10 minute wait for my order.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, McD's is cheap up where Empath lives (in the past possibly?)...$1.25 for a Sausage McMuffin with Egg? Wow!! Maybe 15 years ago....I think I'm paying $2.19 for one those. McD's hotcakes & sausage is excellent.....(and I mean that....(said like Sammy Davis Jr. in one of those old SNL skits))

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:
Over here, the McD and BK are very different from those in the US. I would go for McD everytime. Prices for BK are higher and the portion is also smaller. In fact, I think the portion for BK meals get smaller everytime I visit them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyhow, I prefer McD's friends and burger too. There's not much variety here, but at least, you get what you paid for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I also prefer Mc's fries (nexro - I think you meant 'fries' not 'friends' unless you're referring to Ronald /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif )I used to eat a lot at BK as I found their burgers tastier & had greater choices but recently I like the Big'N'Tasty & Chicken Foldover from Mac's. However, McDonald's should really stop calling their Big Mac's 'Big'. They are pathetic - a sprinkling of shrivelled lettuce & wafer-thin tomato slices, two patties that were also millimitres thin, dry & burnt to a crisp & the whole burger shrunken overall in height & diameter whilst the price has gone up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wendys

I do like In & Out too, but the closest one is 500 miles away. (Heck, the closest Wendy's is 47 miles away (BK too) The only chain burger place we have here is McDs.

The good news though is that they just broke ground for a Blake's. which is a regional chain (I've only noticed them in New Mexico and Arizona) They have pretty decent food.

Oh, wait... We also have a Sonic... I forgot because I don't eat there anymore..... Compared to our local Sonic, DENNY's has great service.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I much prefer Mickey D's french fries.

As far as those strange hamburger comglomerations they all sell, I just try to find one I can eat without making a big mess. The big mac seems to be the hardest to eat, so I avoid those.

My favorite fast food is Arby's roast beef. My second choice is Wendy's where I always get the lemonade drink.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Between the two, I like McDonalds better......but my all time favorite fast-foodish / anything place is Wawa. Their hoagies and coffee is the best.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Time to hijack the thread.

In-n-Out cheeseburger or Double Double, Animal Style.

Rumor has it that this is Paul Kim's favorite and that he's designed most of his lights while eating one of their burgers.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
BVH,

Changs is great eclectic Chinese food but I've had them make something off menu for me that I think is just absolutely delicious.

Ask them to make you some Kung Pao calamari. The first time the waiter confessed at the end of the meal that he snuck a piece before he served it and said it would be his new, unlisted, favorite.

At another Changs the waiteress said she too had a piece and said that she'd put it on her list of recommended appetizers.

Kung Pao calamari is so Changs and so good.

You heard it here first.

InFlux

Enlightened
Thanks for the hijack, I had to choose "other" too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

We have Five Guy's around here. That would be my first choice. People tell me it's a lot like In-n-Out.

Anybody been to a Chipotle or Baja Fresh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like burger kings fries, chicken things and the oval shaped chicken sandwich. I use to like mcdonalds, but I cant tollerate beef or beef fat and they use to fry their fries in beef fat. Maybe they still do, i knoiw they use to.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Burger King!
Without hesitations.

However, Mucky D's fries are better but the XL Double with bacon more than makes up for that.

We have this multiplex with a BK drivethru and a Mucky D's drivethru.
We usually go through both and get lots of fries from Mucky D's.

I once ate eight MuckChiken Sandwiches in one visit but I've never been able to eat more than three burgers at BK without getting filled up (at least for a while).

I agree that BK seems to repeat on me - I burp like a Bishop for the rest of the day. Worth it though.

Al

Reaper

Enlightened
For me, it makes no difference between Micky D's, BK, Subway or Wendy's. Food is food. However I like the fries at Wendy's. BUT, the food at Nation's would beat them all out when the burgers were not so well done. I haven't seen a Nation's down here so I guess it's only a bay area thing. Anyone fron the bay area remember Tic Tocks or Doggie Dinner? Tic Tocks had the best tasting burgers while Doggie Dinner had the best chilli dogs.