• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo Standing wave of Sapphire 25's , GS and now High CRI

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's

Paulr,
Sorry, much of my rambling was in general and not directed at you specifically. :eek:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I was queried if these are still available. Yes, they are. If I run out or get caught short on component supply, I will so advise in this thread.
Thanks guys! :eek:

derangboy

Enlightened

The Sapphire is one of those things that cannot be measured in millimeters, lumens or runtime. It's simply fantastic!

scout24

Flashaholic

I agree. Mine have been on my keychains since new, and have been dropped, kicked, beat up, etc. Still look great, albeit with much "character", and continue to run flawlessly. The beam must be seen to be believed, compared to other keychain lights. Smooth, even, floody, and more than enough light. Wet or dry, probably the easiest to turn head on any light I own, with the deep grooves on the head. I don't think Don could have done better.:)

TECENG

Newly Enlightened

I have had mine for about 2 weeks now. I wanted one of these little buggers since they first came out but couldn't understand the cost vs. lumen factor. I waited until I reached the level where I knew I would appreciate such a light, and I finally get it. It's not about the lumens.

It's about the craftsmanship, the smooth floody beam, the runtime, the feather weight, the convenient size (it's smaller than it looks), and the timeless design.

Yes, it's my newest light. But it has become my favorite EDC and I cannot see myself ever being without it.

localguy

Newly Enlightened

I sure hope these are still available. Email has been sent. :)

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi LocalGuy and welcome! Your light will ship out today.

Stryker1775

Newly Enlightened

Got mine two days ago.

Holy Geez...I can't thank you enough!

I've never had an EDC flashlight before, that wasn't mounted to something or in a pouch. Never knew about the wide world of flashlight modification and custom creation. I couldn't have started this new journey with a better impression or light than with the McGizmo Sapphire 25.

Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast

any beamshots or descriptions of what they look like. Are they on the warmer or cooller side

derangboy

Enlightened

any beamshots or descriptions of what they look like. Are they on the warmer or cooller side

I would describe mine as being on the cool side with the beam being all flood. It is bright enough to navigate indoors and a bit lacking in reach outdoors (though workable in complete darkness). The only other AAA light I have is the Solitaire, and there is no comparison.

infinitelight

Newly Enlightened

Is it also possible to buy only the titanium battery tube of the sapphire? If yes, how much would it cost?

Kind Regards

fyrstormer

Banned

Definitely cool, distinctly bluish compared to white light, but if you compare it to a first-generation Arc AAA the Arc AAA will look purple by comparison. It's a good tint for the amount of light it produces, because warm light would be nearly useless at 10 lumens or whatever this makes.

The beam is a circle of light, no hotspot. Think of a Mule, only smaller. Excellent for close-up work, like reading maps in a dark car.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Is it also possible to buy only the titanium battery tube of the sapphire? If yes, how much would it cost?

Kind Regards

I have the titanium parts machined in equal numbers so pulling out one creates an orphan of its mate. For this reason and others, I am not offering the individual components separately.

helf

Newly Enlightened

Just picked my Sapphire 25 out of the mail box. I love this thing!
This is the first time I've purposely sought out a specific light. Before now, I've just bought whatever was available at walmart. heh.

Shipping time is phenomenal! I ordered this on the first and already have it. :)

Thanks again! Maybe I'll buy a larger McGizmo in the future :)