McLux PR Quad-XPG

- McLux PR
- Carlo 24mm quad optics
- Cree quad XP-G R5 pcb
- LEDs wired 2S2P
- Brass ecan
- Constant current SOB1000 driver

th_015es.jpg

Since LEDs are wired 2S2P each XP-G gets 500mA.
Powered by two R123 cells. Beam is mostly flood.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like no one was interested in this mod but I can assure you the owner was very happy with this little gem. :grin2:
Oh well, only old cpf members must know the real value of McLux PR and PR-T heads. :ironic:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess your thread slipped under everyones noses.....Great mod :thumbsup: even if it is almost three years old now! I wish I could do such mods.... but I don´t even own a soldering iron and even if I did I doubt my hands would be calm enough. Thanks for the resurrection ;)

Eric

easilyled

Flashaholic
Freddy, you're a master. I remember your excellent triple Aleph3 mods. The PR head looks so good mated with the 2-cell E-series Surefire body and tailcap. :thumbsup:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Freddy, you're a master. I remember your excellent triple Aleph3 mods. The PR head looks so good mated with the 2-cell E-series Surefire body and tailcap. :thumbsup:

Hi Daniel :wave: it is nice to see an old friend is still hanging out here! :thumbsup:

It's a pity Don decided long time ago to stop making the PR and PR-T heads.
I'm sure if they would be offered again they would still sell in good numbers.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Freddy and Scott, I hope to see both you guys being more active on these boards again titillating us with your immeasurable skills!

:paypal:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well said, the Icarus A3 mods are still the standard! Welcome back Freddy!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks much Dennis for the kind words! it seems like we keep an unannounced reunion of old cpf friends here. :twothumbs

CPF Old Codgers Convention ...... :D

Always had a eye for the PRT head but never got around to snagging one :(

criollo

Enlightened
Freddy, Welcome back to CPF ! :wave:

Yes indeed the McLux PR Quad-XPG is outstanding. I like it so much. The beam is mainly flood. :thumbsup:;)

I am always inspired by this thread....and many more other A3 mods.

Beauty and The Beast

Freddy and Scott, I hope to see both you guys being more active on these boards again titillating us with your immeasurable skills!

:paypal:

+2 :rock:

autogiro

Enlightened
I just got my first PR head and I can't take it apart for anything! I'm afraid to damage it.
I don't know if I would make it into a quad but I'd like to get a nice neutral XM-L in it…
Cool light that quad!
Auto

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my first PR head and I can't take it apart for anything! I'm afraid to damage it.
I don't know if I would make it into a quad but I'd like to get a nice neutral XM-L in it…
Cool light that quad!
Auto

The ecan containing the driver is epoxied into the back of the head so it doesn't unscrew like with the Aleph heads.
Use a heat gun to heat the back of the head. Once the epoxy gets soft the ecan comes off easily... or send that PR to me. :grin2:

:caution: Don't forget to desolder the leads of the LED from the front first.
LED and ecan are not 1 part like with the Aleph LE's. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited: