Mdc 1aa flickering on medium

Mgizler

Enlightened
So like the title says my mdc 1aa flickers like crazy sometimes on the medium setting. At first I thought it was the eneloop pros I was using. But it's doing it on a Primary AA as well. Just not it actually stepped down to the low mode. Not sure what's going on. Sometimes I can remove the head, and reinstall and it will correct it for a bit but it always seems to end up doing it again.

Any thoughts??

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
So like the title says my mdc 1aa flickers like crazy sometimes on the medium setting. At first I thought it was the eneloop pros I was using. But it's doing it on a Primary AA as well. Just not it actually stepped down to the low mode. Not sure what's going on. Sometimes I can remove the head, and reinstall and it will correct it for a bit but it always seems to end up doing it again.

Any thoughts??

Connectivity is the issue.

Medium needs more negative current than low so that's why low works and medium doesn't and then removing and reinstalling the head works. Must be some anodizing where it shouldn't be. Gene will fix you up, or if you are a DIY…make sure you have some metal to metal touching.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Clean thoroughly all the contact points, including the battery poles, head and body threads, using isopropyl alcohol. If that doesn't solve the problem, call Gene, he'll take care of you.

Mgizler

Enlightened
I am planning to reach out to gene when I get back from vacation. I was going to take it with me, but when I was checking it out, high mode was the same brightness as Medium. No change. It will cycle through 3 modes but medium and high were the same. Definitely something going on.