• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

MH20vn - Compact 18650 W/ Charging

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a ton of great lights out there, and especially if you have been doing this awhile and have several Vinh lights, it's hard to be impressed sometimes. This light (MH20vn XM-L2 U3 PDTc with dual magnets), I can't say amazes me like some of the others, but I do really love this light. It does not throw as well as the TX25C2vn (XM-L2 6500k dedomed burn in), but it has much wider spill (love the beam profile), is shorter, rechargeable, battery indicator, etc. etc. It's just a great, well designed light IMO. I'm actually EDCing it today/tonight in my pocket. Sure, it isn't as small as single 16340/18340 lights, but it still feels quite comfortable. I'm much more aware that my wallet and cell phone are there then this light. Love the single button. I love the EC11vn too, but find with the 2 buttons I am often hitting the wrong one for what I want. Even with the one button though, everything is easy to get to, and has direct to turbo and moonlight. Since it has mode memory, if you turn the flashlight on the 3rd level (or 2nd or 4th) before turning it off, you can now turn on your light directly to 3 different levels. Having a charging port means you can plug it in every night when you plug your phone in (if you've used it) and have a fresh battery every day, or, stick it in your car and you can always charge it up as needed without having to take extra batteries or a charger. Add magnets to this, and it really is a great light just to have in your vehicle if nothing else. I love having the blinking back button light to, but unfortunately, every time you use the light you have to reset it. Not a big deal, but I do wish it would stay activated until you wanted to turn it off. Price is steep too, due to the difficulty of the mod, but it was worth it for me. If you're on the fence with this light, get it. Besides, as Vinh always says, you can always return it for a full refund.

Last edited:

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
There are a ton of great lights out there, and especially if you have been doing this awhile and have several Vinh lights, it's hard to be impressed sometimes. This light (MH20vn XM-L2 U3 PDTc with dual magnets), I can't say amazes me like some of the others, but I do really love this light. It does not throw as well as the TX25C2vn (XM-L2 6500k dedomed burn in), but it has much wider spill (love the beam profile), is shorter, rechargeable, battery indicator, etc. etc. It's just a great, well designed light IMO. I'm actually EDCing it today/tonight in my pocket. Sure, it isn't as small as single 16340/18340 lights, but it still feels quite comfortable. I'm much more aware that my wallet and cell phone are there then this light. Love the single button. I love the EC11vn too, but find with the 2 buttons I am often hitting the wrong one for what I want. Even with the one button though, everything is easy to get to, and has direct to turbo and moonlight. Since it has mode memory, if you turn the flashlight on the 3rd level (or 2nd or 4th) before turning it off, you can now turn on your light directly to 3 different levels. Having a charging port means you can plug it in every night when you plug your phone in (if you've used it) and have a fresh battery every day, or, stick it in your car and you can always charge it up as needed without having to take extra batteries or a charger. Add magnets to this, and it really is a great light just to have in your vehicle if nothing else. I love having the blinking back button light to, but unfortunately, every time you use the light you have to reset it. Not a big deal, but I do wish it would stay activated until you wanted to turn it off. Price is steep too, due to the difficulty of the mod, but it was worth it for me. If you're on the fence with this light, get it. Besides, as Vinh always says, you can always return it for a full refund.

Hey can you please explain about reseting the standby light.I haven't noticed anyone pointing out that.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey can you please explain about reseting the standby light.I haven't noticed anyone pointing out that.
To activate the back light blink in the button, you quickly press the button half way and release. To deactivate it, it's the same thing. Every time you turn on the light you are (at least) half pressing the button, which seems to deactivate the blinking. So after using the light, if I want the blink back on I have to give the button a quick half press. it doesn't take but a millisecond, but you have to remember to do it. If I'm the only one that has mentioned it, then maybe it's just my light?

EXO1000

Newly Enlightened
To activate the back light blink in the button, you quickly press the button half way and release. To deactivate it, it's the same thing. Every time you turn on the light you are (at least) half pressing the button, which seems to deactivate the blinking. So after using the light, if I want the blink back on I have to give the button a quick half press. it doesn't take but a millisecond, but you have to remember to do it. If I'm the only one that has mentioned it, then maybe it's just my light?

Yep. That is exactlly how it works. A 1/2 second press to activate and 1/2 second press to trun it off. MH20 will operate for over 12 months withthe power indicator on.

Standby Mode
When in standby mode, press the switch halfway to activate the blue power indicator to flash once every
three seconds, thus helping users locate the MH20 in dark conditions. Press the switch halfway again to
turn the power indicator off. When using 1x18650 battery, the MH20 will operate for over 12 months with
the power indicator on, or remain standby for over 24 months with the power indicator off.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm loving the form factor of this light. (as a matter of fact, I am loving all Vinh's lights). Did I miss the relevant numbers on this item like lumens and lux?

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first Vinh light is on its way. I'll report after I receive it.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my MH20vn, I got the XML2 4000k tint. I love the warmer more neutral tint. Of course for me the first I did was check the battery draw on the 5 levels.

Start 4.12v
1. 11.2ma
2. 147ma
3. 550ma
4. 1095ma
5. 3000 ma

The modes are all very nicely spaced for brightness. From a quick lux reading on my phone the throw is the same as factory, which would be expected. I also like the single button UI of this light, makes for simple one handed operation. It is also surprisingly small for a rechargeable 18650 light.

I'll try to test the internal charger current after I run the battery down.

I'll report anything else I can come up with, this is my first V54 light.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran the light for about an hour to run the battery down to test again.

Start 3.45v
1. 11ma
2. 286ma
3. 730ma
4. 1400ma
5. 1400ma did not change from level 4

So it does show good regulation on the modes, it maintains output on all modes, as the battery voltage drops it draws more ma from the battery. At some point as the battery voltage drops it looses level 5.

I tested the internal charger current and I showed 525ma going into the battery. The manual shows 6hrs to fully charge battery, so it is a bit slow but can be topped off at anytime with a micro USB plug.

From the 3.45v on a keeppower 3500 mah 18650, the internal charger took little over 5 1/2 hours to fully charge. The end voltage was 4.19v

Last edited:

QuantumSam

Newly Enlightened
I am very interested in the MH20 - I prefer neutal white, but I don't understand the relative merits of the options.

What is the difference between 5000K and 6500K? What is the advantage of getting the XML2 U3 PDTc option?

Can I still get the MH20vn from you?

v/r
QuantumSam

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am very interested in the MH20 - I prefer neutal white, but I don't understand the relative merits of the options.

What is the difference between 5000K and 6500K? What is the advantage of getting the XML2 U3 PDTc option?

Can I still get the MH20vn from you?

v/r
QuantumSam

5000K is neutral. 6500K is Cool white. Not what you want.

Lexus

Enlightened
Are those still available?
Can you just swap the stock emitter with a 5000k one without dedoming.
I like the default beam profile just want a more neutral white.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Are those still available? Yes
Can you just swap the stock emitter with a 5000k one without dedoming.Yes
I like the default beam profile just want a more neutral white. Sure. I have 5000K U2 bin so it's very bright.

Lexus

Enlightened
Paypal sent for a MH20vn with 5000k XML2 ($95) + no scratches ($10) + shipping to Germany ($7) should be $112 total.

QuantumSam

Newly Enlightened
Can you put an XPL Hi into an MH20? That seems to me as ideal and would force me to buy one from you.

orv

Newly Enlightened
Will someone please tell me what option to get for this light? I've been looking at this for weeks, and I can't decide.

caldeio

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible to fully pot the usb port with silicone to protect from water?? Well or some other potting material?