Mice's ---- Wirelees or Wired?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mice\'s ---- Wireless or Wired?

i just changed my wired mice with a wireless MS mouse (thanks to my roomate that get this as a gift /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
well, YES, wireless indeed LAG!!!
i hate the lag, especially when i am playing CS or other realtime online gaming. (hmm, all online are realtime though)
if you use it as general purpose mouse, it perform really well. a bit heavy bec of the battery compared to wired mice, but you will get used to it. but for gaming, i don't think i will ever like this mouse fully. there are occurences when i press fire, the guy just stand there without firing a single bullet and that drives me nuts!!!
but that might be a isolated incidence.

as i said, generally, no lag. realtime strategy or other online should be good. but first person shooter might not be appropriate with wireless. i say get 2 mouse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

as per battery issue, get the mouse that can be recharged. logitech made those, but lots heavier than MS-nonrechargeable counterpart.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wireless, baby!!

Wireless Ligitech (Logitech) trackballs for me!!(I can't type, but boy can I mouse!!!)

Bill

K A

Enlightened

I have a Logitech Cordless Mouseman Optical myself. Works fine for me. I don't notice any lag though I don't play any games to really notice.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast

My favorite mouse is a Microsoft wired optical that newegg.com sells for $14. I now own three of them.

I have a two year old Logitech cordless sitting on the mouse pad too, but I rarely use it. It ain't in the same league.

My mouse pad is a square foot of heavy duty, quasi-rubberized, pebbley surfaced shelf paper I bought at the grocery store.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

Three things go out on mice..... the roller assembly (optical fixes that), the cord (trackballs are all but immune to this) and the switches. I have the switch part covered when my trackball had one go bad I spent several months figuring out where to get the right switch and have spares.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Go for the wireless Logitech MX700. I've had it since it first came out, what, 3 years ago and never changed a cell in it yet. It is always ready to go and always goes. No lag time in this optical mouse.

It has the integrated left/right click buttons, scroll wheel, the up and down buttons above the scroll wheel, the left side forward and back web page buttons and a little button to switch to different programs running on the computer. And all the buttons are programmable.

When I have to make a quick bid at Ebaby or have to buy that hot, custom, cpf light or rare accessory, then I can see this mouse has fast feet. It is a heavier than a standard mouse but you get used to that. I've never had a better mouse than the MX700.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have, haveblue - the MX 1000. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's just a wee bit lighter, but the battery indicator and the less-problematic charging stand (it's indexed so that the contacts meet each time) make it somewhat better. Also, the stand -will- work with your MX700 mouse, if you feel the need. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Plus, the relocation of that 'task-switcher' button from the middle of the mouse to between the forward and back arrows was worth it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Overall, it's a lot more polished-feeling (bigger thumb rest, more vertical side for easier gripping) than the MX700 is, and the side-to-side scrolling's a bonus when it comes to webpages wider than your browser window or screen, IMO.

And did I mention the better battery life? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

My several year old Logitech Trackball uses optical.

But it still has rollers that get gunked up! Fortunately, it's easy to clean and feels new again when I do.

We need something new for the office. The up and down is getting intermitted (sp?) leading me to believe a wire is toast. And it double clicks a LOT.

If they will let me, I'll get a wireless Trackball.

Myself, after we move I am SERIOUSLY turning over a new leaf. I'm thinking wireless Keyboard/Mouse to be rid of the clutter. I'm also looking at a cordless Joystick for the same reason.

I can't fault Logitech in any way. Guess that's where I'll look!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Effin' OfficeMax.

I was there to get some office furniture and was gonna get a mouse.

I decided on a Logitech corded optical, and they only had Microsoft in stock. Yuck!

Gonna hit CompUSA tomorrow and get the cable, joystick, mouse etc.

OH YEAH... I opened up the former Gateway here at the office and found something spooky. No fans other than the PS and the one on the processor! This thing might fly with better cooling!

But just with those two, it roars like a jet plane!

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just purchased a Logitech MX1000 myself. When it gets here,I will post my findings on it. But I'm sure I will like it.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

My Logitech "Mouseman Cordless" was built Oct pf 93. I use it about 5 hours per day. The bottom says "3v, 10ma". I change the battery (Cr123a) every 6 to 12 months.

I have 5 of these beasts, two are spare for when these die. The newest uses a pair of AAA cells. It goes though a set of batteries every 3 or 4 months.

I even bring one of my spares to client sites when working as a consultant. It makes life easier.

I'd go with cordless whenever given a choice.

Daniel

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I brought the Optical corded HP mouse that came with my new 'puter to the office. It's WAY better than the old ball mouse!

A VERY curious thing is going on with the office machine. It is a home/office machine and has a lot of pics and stuff that need to come off it. Burning CD's has gotten kinda iffy. I'm down to burning them at 12x after having Nero lockup at 24x then 16x. I did give it a Vantec Smartcool 80mm fan.

Seems like it's ALWAYS something when dealing with this once Gateway (now clone all-in-one Mobo) machine!!!

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
Had a few different ones thruout the years but the Logitech MX700 was the first one suitable for gaming. It was just as fast as any corded one I had. My only complaint was that it would not go more then five days before I'd have to put it on the charger stand to recharge it. Then after a year and a half one of the spring charging terminals became very weak so it didn't really like to make contact to charge the mouse. As it had a five year warranty, the good folks at Logitech sent me an MX1000 for a replacement, the laser one mentioned. It is just as fast if not faster then the MX700 but best of all, in a week's time the built in battery meter is still at three bars. Reviews say it will go over three weeks with a charge.

It is the Cadillac of mice but it carries a Cadillac price.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same charging issue with my MX700. I called tech support and they opted to replace the unit. The MX700 is discontinued, so they are replacing them with the new MX1000! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've had it for a week now, and it's everything the 700 was, and more! The new battery system is a big improvement and I really like the sideways scrolling. I actually can't think of anything that needs improvement on this mouse.

Peter

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:

I had the same charging issue with my MX700. I called tech support and they opted to replace the unit. The MX700 is discontinued, so they are replacing them with the new MX1000! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've had it for a week now, and it's everything the 700 was, and more! The new battery system is a big improvement and I really like the sideways scrolling. I actually can't think of anything that needs improvement on this mouse.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't agree more. The MX1000 is the best wireless mouse I've ever used. It's even better than some wired mice I've used.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, this is the mouse right now. The fact that it didn't cost me a dime is the icing on the cake. In fact, Logitech didn't even want my MX700 back, and after the judicious use of some of Caigs fine products (DeoxIT, followed by ProGold), the MX700 is working like new again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I moved the 700 to the "spare" PC, where it is a vast improvement over the old news optical mouse that I'd been using. I can see the day when I will "need" to have the MX1000 on that one too though...

Peter

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use a Logitech wireless trackball. The thing works great and a single AA battery seems to last a couple of months. I "surf" by sitting/reclining on the couch with the monitor nad keyboard on a little table in front of me. I don't have room for a mouse and couldn't reach it easily even if I did. The trackball I can move anywhere- on the couch beside me, on my lap, etc., and it still works great.

makar

Enlightened

I have a mx 1000 and think it's great. I didn't like cordless mice because of the low runtime of the battery.
best thing about the mx 1000is looooooong runtime with the lithium-ion battery, precision of the laser and the battery indicators.
I'd buy it again.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Hmmph!

Since moving into the travel trailer, and having put the only optical mouse I have available here at work...

I am in the market again!

I can't find TOO much to fault on this HP optical corded, except every once in a while it will jump to the bottom left corner in the blink of an eye.

The cord doesn't bother me too much however.

I don't know if I'll be able to pony up to an MX1000, but it sounds sweet!

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast

No jumping cursor. No finger cramps. No batteries. No mousepad required. No software to install. No software to crash. No bank loan needed. $14 NewEgg Microsoft.