Microfire Warrior III 35w/12v HID Flashlight

r2515d

Newly Enlightened
I am planning on buying the Microfire Warrior III, but I want 4300 light temperature instead of 6000.
How would I go about doing this without losing batery life or lumens?

EDIT: I will defiantly try out the 6000k bulb but I just wanted to make sure that I could change it if I ended up thinking it was too "blue".

Last edited:

bullettproof

Enlightened
Put a new Bulb in it.But I would try it with the 6K HID bulb first.I dont think it will be as COOL as you might think.Actually I like the 6K Color.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
It would gain lumens but unfortunately there's not easy way of doing it without heavy modification. It's doesn't use any type of standard automotive bulb. It's special for that light.

r2515d

Newly Enlightened
It would gain lumens but unfortunately there's not easy way of doing it without heavy modification. It's doesn't use any type of standard automotive bulb. It's special for that light.

Has there been anyone on CPF who has successfully made the modification?
And the next thing is, were the heck do I buy on with a discount?

r2515d

Newly Enlightened

Two Questions.
1. Has anybody on CPF successfully made the conversion from 6000k?
2. Were can I purchase the k3500r with a discount?

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
It wont be too blue, 6000k is like a clear white. Unless you have a sightly yellowish flashlight to compare, you will never its bluishness (if any).

People normally swap for 4300k just to gain 100extra lumens, which is impossible to differ without using light measuring tools.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Two Questions.
1. Has anybody on CPF successfully made the conversion from 6000k?
2. Were can I purchase the k3500r with a discount?

Only one person that I know of has ever done it. It turned into a big project and he ran into more difficulties than he anticipated. I can't remember who it was because it was quite a while ago. Maybe that person will find this thread or you can search the heck out of it.

Regarding the color temperature, depending on what set of specs you read the color is between 6000-7000K. Yes it is quite blue compared to the other lights available. Also, it's not a loss of 100 lumens it's more like 15% and the difference it noticeable. If you can live with these facts it's a decent light. I've had mine for about 18 months now and it's been a good light.

See the color below:

PH-40 to K3500R below
PolarianLights036.jpg

PolarianLights035.jpg

r2515d

Newly Enlightened
Regarding the color temperature, depending on what set of specs you read the color is between 6000-7000K. Yes it is quite blue compared to the other lights available. Also, it's not a loss of 100 lumens it's more like 15% and the difference it noticeable. If you can live with these facts it's a decent light. I've had mine for about 18 months now and it's been a good light.

Well then I will make due. Seems to have good reviews and you can't really find any other lights in this price range with lower light temperature.

Were would you recommend I purchase the Warrior III?

And I forgot the Thank You for all of the help.
This is a great community and I will defiantly stick around. :thanks:

Patriot

Flashaholic
If you go with the K3500R then 4sevens.com is a good dealer....actually the only USA one now that OpticsHQ isn't a dealer anymore.

Have you taken a look at the 35W Oracle? It's larger but the price is outstanding. It's also a two stage light with a warmer color temp. If I had to make the choice I'd probably lean toward it. Btw, there are a lot of lights in the 4200K range for less than the Microfire. Some are spotlight styles with handles but very nice lights. The L35 is brighter than the Microfire for example.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/224303