Mini Review - Nuwait Quantum III 3 Watt

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
ILLUStratION said:
LifeNRA,
Thanks, CPF is just WONDERFUL forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it is. The CPF community is one of the best.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just contacted a source for these lights and about to order 100 of them for you CPF'ers at reduced price. First he's going to send me two samples. I'll keep you posted. I may have to start a thread in groupbuys.

David

UPDATE: I think he or his distributor saw this post and canned my deal with him. Boy am I bummed. He says he has a distributor in the US and because of that I will have to go through him. Now which on of you lurkers is the distributor, Mr. Warren Cho?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

L

LITEmania

David

I am in far east and am not capable of being a distributor in US. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

But I will post soon as I have well stocked of Q-III
whereas this wonderful flashlite seems to be in shortage in the pipeline. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

ChrisA

Enlightened
One of the Nuwais I just picked up has a non-locking clicky. I have to push the button very hard to get the light to work. It's the right one on the picture:

nuwai.jpg

As you can see, the switch protrudes further than the correctly working one on the left. Is there a way to fix this ? I've sent an e-mail to Nuwai but haven't received a reply yet...

Chris

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes! There is a way. My 5W 2x123 Nuwai has the same switch.
You have to take out the switch and insert an o-ring (same or slightly
bigger in size than the inside diameter of the barrel) between
the switch and the bottom of the casing. Mine sits perfectly now.

ChrisA

Enlightened
@4sevens - How do I take apart the switch ? Just open the light and push the switch out ? TIA

Chris

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
get a pair of scissors and turn the two grooves on the inside of the
switch... keep turning unti it unscrews...

Once it's out put an o-ring in from of the whole switch assembly including the rubber.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's 2020 as we speak and how many of you are still using this little light?

I recall being a little crazy in procuring these back in the late 2000s when modding options were open to me -- particularly with a custom-made heatsink design which allowed me to have a handful of customer modules made (based on Sandwich Shoppe drivers). And as we speak, I still have one of such example used as EDC (in my daypack that is), with an NG1000 driving an XPG2 (S5).

As for tailcap boot, it's flimsy and will break after prolonged use. Luckily theunmodified KD 14x8mm ("soft press") serves as a good replacement.

Latest posts