• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mini Turbohead M2-XML2 Direct Drive

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
Just got one of these heads for my bored C2, light output is simply incredible! Significantly out throws my XML2 Nailbender P60 Drop in.

Added the ZeroRez tailcap upgrade and the HD spring on this head gives a very firm momentary action FWIW.

Unfortunately I am not equipped to do lux readings or beamshots at this moment.

grayhighh

Enlightened
Here's mine. I was hoping the Natural ano will match each other. Although it didn't turn out that way it still ROCKS.

Last edited:

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive searched the forums, and I can only find the lux values of the sst50 version. does anyone know the lux on these xml-2 versions?

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
Got my second one :) Thanks Dan and Tom!!! :thumbsup:

2qc3rf6.jpg

2vn274p.jpg

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Questions and comments were made about using single lico cells only on these and never IMR cells. Also, we have heard that cr123 can be used.

This might sound like a dumb question, but can single rcr113 be used on this?

Zigo45

Newly Enlightened
Here is my setup. Vintage M2 DD head on slim 18500 DB body, with a zero res shorty in the tailcap, and a dark sucks Ti clip.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
This might sound like a dumb question, but can single rcr113 be used on this?

The critical 'no' is multiple cells, two cells of any kind will blow the LED

Cells that provide less power than the recommended 18650 can be used safety, but will provide less output

Cells that provide more power (less resistance) than the recommended 18650 will overdrive the LED

An RCR123 is pretty weak and is probably fine. An IMR 16340 is efficient for its size and may over drive the LED. And IMR 18350 is quite a bit more powerful than the either of these and will overdrive the LED. These uses may damage the LED and are not covered and are expensive to repair.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping I could use an IMR 18350.... and make a shorty pocket rocket like the one pictured above. Can it be used intermittently and once voltage drops a bit, then can it be used for longer periods?

Zigo45

Newly Enlightened
If your on the fence about this one, grab it before its gone! I got one of the last solo heads and am glad I did, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite lights. Switched the tail cap for a triad with zero res shorty, my new favorite EDC for work.

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
C2 with M2 ribbed turbo head.

mine arrived today! 3 left when I placed my order. I had a couple of questions from overready but they did not respond fast enough. I waited 15 minutes, got nervous & took the plunge. I am glad I did not vacillate over this purchase. it blows away my bored c2 with 800 lumen xml2 p60 drop-in. I am loving the single mode momentary twisty. this thing really out throws the p60 by a long shot. the beam pattern is superb with an awesome spot. this may be my new favorite. if I said how much I like this light in just one word I will be banned.

if there is still one available after my post i may have to snap it.

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine arrived today! 3 left when I placed my order. I had a couple of questions from overready but they did not respond fast enough. I waited 15 minutes, got nervous & took the plunge. I am glad I did not vacillate over this purchase. it blows away my bored c2 with 800 lumen xml2 p60 drop-in. I am loving the single mode momentary twisty. this thing really out throws the p60 by a long shot. the beam pattern is superb with an awesome spot. this may be my new favorite. if I said how much I like this light in just one word I will be banned.

if there is still one available after my post i may have to snap it.

Did you get the black mini turbohead?

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
i forgot to mention in my earlier post the the M2 heads were all gone. I had to get the complete C2 with M2 turbo head and OR Rez momentary & turn tailcap. all factory HA gray. one of the nicest beams ever. the neutral is really nice. the best i have seen.

Did you get the black mini turbohead?

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait for the new batch!!!! :D

I have to ask...has anyone tried the mini turbo head with the AW soft start switch? The switch can handle high currents for incans and also provide multiple levels right?

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait for the new batch!!!! :D

I have to ask...has anyone tried the mini turbo head with the AW soft start switch? The switch can handle high currents for incans and also provide multiple levels right?

Trying hard to finish up some more of these heads for you guys in the next couple weeks.

The AW soft start is rated from 6V-30V
I can give it a try, but I am unsure if it will work properly.

Latest posts