Modamag Draco Problem

jstalford

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

Having a problem with my Draco. Light isn't turning on anymore. At first I thought it was my battery since one of them is pretty much dead anyway, I figured the other went as well, but this morning I found the problem.

It looks like there are two pieces of metal soldered over the chip that holds the LED. if I just barely touch one of them, the light comes one. I have a video of the problem and some pics of the affected area.

Any ideas on what I could do to fix this?

I'm interested in selling/trading it for some knives, but obviously need to get it working again first.

Video (crappy phone vid):

Pics (it's right where the tip of my thumb is):

IMG_20110520_134903.jpg

IMG_20110520_134804.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Just heat up your soldering iron and touch it to the blob of solder. The solder joint broke on you. Maybe from a fall or something. Just re-solder it. Then PM me and let me know what you want for it. Might be interested in buying it from you.

Last edited:

jstalford

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick response. That's kind or what I thought, but I just can't see where the joint would be broken and also I suck at soldering. I think i can handle that though.

Also, out of focus pics are out of focus. Sorry, camera sucks. Not sure why they bother with 8mp cameras in phones then use crappy lenses.