• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Shorty (TL20) Cell Tube

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
More brass in the machine shop this weekend. Details coming soon. Thanks all for your support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will this brass bezel ring fit on any other lights?...they are very sweet looking :thumbsup:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Moddoolar rings are specific to Moddoolar heads, but we have the capability to make others. What application(s) did you have in mind?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
On Moddoolar heads mine untwist easily w just hand pressure. If any tools are needed, be sure to wrap bezel ring and the bezel with electrical tape to help prevent scratches.

Order placed for a Moddoolar HML neutral xpg2 head with a brass bezel ring! :D

The tint sounds perfect for my taste. :)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Any plans for a crenelated brass bezel ring?????????? :poke:

Yes and no. Smooth rings are easy to 'pop out' so we snuck them in at the end of another brass run. Crens require a whole second process to cut the scallops. We're in the midst of a large set of machining work and won't be able to devote that much time until later in the year.

Sorry

The Coach

Enlightened
Not a problem. I just got a new computer and my VISA melted. Next year is good. :thumbsup: My Stubby arrived today and of course the mail showed up 4 hours earlier than usual and I wasn't home yet. Bastages!!!! :rant:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this idea from the new Cryos CuCf 3P. What's shorter than a 3P? A TL20 + ZRS.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I'm just poking my head in here to say that I'm loving my short aspherical setup. It's now sporting a dedomed XPE2 @ 3 amps. This thing blows everyone away that's ever seen it in action. Everyone always asks to buy it from me but I can't let it go. I always let them know where such a setup can be purchased though.

I do have a question though. Say I was to want to have enough room to install a normal sized Zero Rez. Is such a small extension available? I know this defeats the purpose completely but I much prefer the action of Zero Rez to the Zero Rez Shorty. I'm finding that I have to twist the light to where it's almost on the get it to come on when I press the tailcap and sometimes it will come on in my pocket because of this. It's such a pain to "tune" the tailcap just right that I just tend to leave it after I find the sweet spot. Am I doing something wrong here?

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm just poking my head in here to say that I'm loving my short aspherical setup. It's now sporting a dedomed XPE2 @ 3 amps. This thing blows everyone away that's ever seen it in action. Everyone always asks to buy it from me but I can't let it go. I always let them know where such a setup can be purchased though.

I do have a question though. Say I was to want to have enough room to install a normal sized Zero Rez. Is such a small extension available? I know this defeats the purpose completely but I much prefer the action of Zero Rez to the Zero Rez Shorty. I'm finding that I have to twist the light to where it's almost on the get it to come on when I press the tailcap and sometimes it will come on in my pocket because of this. It's such a pain to "tune" the tailcap just right that I just tend to leave it after I find the sweet spot. Am I doing something wrong here?

Sounds like a cool pocket rocket you have put together. Glad the TL20 helped make it possible.

The TL20 is designed as a twisty switch only.

The fact that it can be screwed close to ON, and then the play in the threads can be used to allow momentary activation is just a bonus.
Yes it can be a touchy setup if you plan to use it that way.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Are the two orings on the tailcap end different sizes? I'm finding a nice level of twisting resistance before I hit the second oring. Since this setup isn't water resistant anyways, I'm considering removing the second oring. The tail cap is a Solarforce twisty if it matters (the really short one which I can't remember the name of atm). I may end up installing a Z41 to see if the better machining of Surefire's threads helps any. This is likely due to the resistance of the two orings vs a single oring but I'm just being curious here.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Oh and btw, thank you for bringing this product to the market. You guys and gals are always finding new ways into my wallet. Please continue to do so. ;-)

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the two orings on the tailcap end different sizes? I'm finding a nice level of twisting resistance before I hit the second oring. Since this setup isn't water resistant anyways, I'm considering removing the second oring. The tail cap is a Solarforce twisty if it matters (the really short one which I can't remember the name of atm). I may end up installing a Z41 to see if the better machining of Surefire's threads helps any. This is likely due to the resistance of the two orings vs a single oring but I'm just being curious here.

The 2 orings are the same size.
You can remove one and it will still be completely waterproof as long as the remaining ring is intact and well lubed.

All of my TorchLAB products are completely waterproof and are guaranteed submersible to 30ft when used with the intended parts (Surefire or TorchLAB).
Your ZRS should have an oring between itself and the bottom of the tailcap.

I have not used solarforce parts and I cannot comment on them.