Modern Technology and times

chip100t

Enlightened
My daughter is in an office without a window. I told her she should get a camera to the outside piped to a monitor and make it look like a window.

I've considered that it might be an improvement to have a digital front windshield, instead of a real one. It's brightness and intensity could be adjusted in varying lighting conditions, and it could be programmed to reduce the sharpness and intensity of headlight glare from oncoming traffic.
We could walk around wearing VR glasses making our neighbourhood look much more upmarket and dull days beautifully sunny. Also all the people we pass could be fantastically good looking.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
My dream car was a old vw bus till I heard they only have like 40 horsepower lol. So now my dream is the most reliable cheap mini van I can find . But I need enough hp to drive thru the mountains

chip100t

Enlightened
We could walk around wearing VR glasses making our neighbourhood look much more upmarket and dull days beautifully sunny. Also all the people we pass could be fantastically good looking.
My last post reminded me of my niece. She is always taking selfies and posting them on Facebook, thing is they all look nothing like her. She uses what are apparently called filters to change her appearance. Her face looks slimmer, her eyes and lips bigger and all slightly out of focus like someone has smeared Vaseline on the lens. I don't know why as she is a pretty, young woman.

I don't know why anyone would want lots of photos of one's self that actually look nothing like you.

chip100t

Enlightened
My dream car was a old vw bus till I heard they only have like 40 horsepower lol. So now my dream is the most reliable cheap mini van I can find . But I need enough hp to drive thru the mountains
When I bought my car I wanted a Mitsubishi delica. A 4WD mini van based on the shogun. My budget would not stretch to it though.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Ok, so yesterday I drove a total of 40 miles to print a document. Got it signed. Time to scan to PDF. But wait……my printer/scanner that has a USB cord to the laptop is no longer recognized since the company went from Windows 7 to 10. Gee, I could scan it to a flash drive, but not now. And to get the laptop to recognize the printer scanner requires re-installing the driver, which involves opening a ticket at IT, who when I called them said "due to labor shortage expect longer than usual wait times"……
Nice!

I took photos of the dam thing using a PDF maker app. Looks like crap but hey, the signed document is officially out on the server now. Yay!

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good thinkin Byk, you're gonna have to invent PDF smoke signals to top that.

BTW where's GPM? Chickens got his phone?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The company already banned smoke signals xx. Carbon shoe print or something about greenhouse something or other. I expect any day now a TEAM meeting to discuss how laughter causes climate chaos……