More Canadian light discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visible EM Wave

Enlightened
At the Source...

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&product=2318357

I bought one of these sets a few days ago and so far so good. I'm using it in my G2 + P91 lamp. When I first saw this item it was about 25 bucks, with the clearance price I jumped in along with the $5, 3 year extended warranty which will cover the batts if they don't hold their charge. I'm actually on its original charge out of the box so I haven't been through any charging cycles yet.

Anyone else have this same product ? Like it ??? Don't like it ???

For $15 that's a very good price. Thanks for sharing.
I haven't tried them yet but I think I rather use these cells in lower power lights. They don't seem very safe for P91 (that's over 2amps drawing on these 700mAh cells!).

eggoo

Newly Enlightened
At the Source...

I bought one of these sets a few days ago and so far so good. I'm using it in my G2 + P91 lamp. When I first saw this item it was about 25 bucks, with the clearance price I jumped in along with the $5, 3 year extended warranty which will cover the batts if they don't hold their charge. I'm actually on its original charge out of the box so I haven't been through any charging cycles yet.

Sold out in my area.

gunga

Flashaholic
Walmart has dropped the prices on Ray-o-vac Hybrids.

$9 for 4 AA or 4 AAA. I picked up some AAAs. Good price for a decent eneloop alternative.

Also, most Radio shacks (oh wait, sources) in my area are sold out of the Ultralast kits...

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hybrid kit with charger is now $13ish too, but I don't know if the charger is smart or dumb charger. Looks like dumb charger to me thou.

gunga

Flashaholic
How many batteries?

I saw a kit with 6 AA, 2 AAA, for $23, with coupon for $5 off (not sure if still valid).

I've heard these are dumb chargers tho.

:ohgeez:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't remember which one, was walking by and caught a glimpse..

Edit, checked, that's the pack, $15. But everything is sold out, aa pack and charger pack.

Last edited:

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads up. I went out tonight and picked up a set (charger + 2x batteries).

At the Source...

EDIT: My bad...G2 + P61 lamp, NOT P91.

Visible EM Wave

Enlightened
Le Baron Markham store (Woonbine & Hwy7) now has Surefire G2L, 6PL, new E1L and new L1 in stock. Just FYI. Not sure if everyone knows.
It's good to just have a look even though I have no budget to buy more Surefire in this x'mas.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the Source...

EDIT: My bad...G2 + P61 lamp, NOT P91.

Bought this today, made in china assembled in mexico, ultimate cheapie lol. one of the battery came at 3.x volt another at 0.x volt, charging both now and I'll see how it goes.

Also the three year warrenty seems to apply to u.s. only. :thumbsdow

Also it says battery will have reduced life below 10°, and won't operate below 0? Huh?

Last edited:

pathalogical

Enlightened
Bought this today, made in china assembled in mexico, ultimate cheapie lol. one of the battery came at 3.x volt another at 0.x volt, charging both now and I'll see how it goes.

Also the three year warrenty seems to apply to u.s. only. :thumbsdow

Also it says battery will have reduced life below 10°, and won't operate below 0? Huh?

That's exactly what happened to me ! One batt was 3.22v the other 0.00v. Went back the day after and they opened up another pack and gave me a new batt. Several days later, I returned to the same store and saw individual R123s for $9.99 each. I asked if they will go on sale and she said that was the lowest price. I said, if the price can come down more, I'll take both of them, the last two they had. She gave them to me for $4.95 each...I was happy. I now have rechargies for both my G2s. Even if they are el cheapos, I'm sure they'll pay off since I won't have to buy regular batts for a while.

The warranty does apply to Canadian purchases, I've returned cordless phone batts and received a new one under this $5 warranty.

If it reads 0v, return it, it won't charge up.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, one of the cell is dead. Fully charged both reads 3.x, but runs T1 for ten minutes on high before drop, one cell is still 3.x volts while the other is below 1. I think I'll just return them, and go with AW's if I want rechargeable again. I don't think they have protection circuit, consider one would always drop below 1.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
They (the source, name sounds so weirder than radioshack) replaced the dead battery with one of the individual pack they have. They had two, and one of them looks dead. 50% faliure rate so far, I'd avoid this brand in the future, or bing a DMM to test on the spot.

The replaced battery seems fine, figure if they last 30 charge cycles I would have gotten my money's worth. I'll see how it goes.

Do a search on store inventory from their website, some stores still have some left if anyone wants them.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I bought this unit quite a while ago before it was a clearance item. I'm happy with it. Both cells work fine and keep a charge well. I use it in my Fenix P1D CE. Guesstimating, I think it has about one-half the capacity of a regular, non-rechargeable 123 lithium cell. I've saved a lot in not having to regularly buy non-rechargeables. 2 thumbs up from me.

Retinator

Enlightened
Re: LeBaron carries Surefire now!

Warpdrive - Yup I seen their pdf just the other day. Prices seem reasonable. Lebaron is no longer carrying the X series for Inovas, they've gone with the Bolts and are still keeping the T's around.

I wish they had the E2L, but I'm sure they can order it. Too bad I blew my budget on SAKs this year :p

warpdrive

Enlightened
Yup, Yesterday when I bought my L1, Lebaron offered an extra 10% off if you sign up for their membership card. So I got 10+10% until the Dec 24th off the L1, which basically pays for the card. With that card, they send out a catalog and you get 10% all year. Now it's going to be tempting to get MORE flashlights/knives etc

Yes They are carrying the most of T series now, which I do like better than the X series.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread has become a bit too long. We'll close it now and further good deals may be posted at the Market Place in the Good Buys forum. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.