Movies you watch again and again?

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Denzel was awesome. The movie itself... not so much.
Is the first (and second) Equalizer any good? I got the first one on my home server, but I haven't seen it yet.

But if you're a Denzel fan, I can recommend
The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009)

...and
Unstoppable (2010)

Having seen
Crimson Tide (1995)
...is just a given at this point. ^^

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a small collection of movies in a portable HDD attached to our flat screen but prefer the permanence of a tangible DVD collection.
But the problem is, DVDs aren't permanent. I have a few that have gone bad for some reason. I bought into CDs and DVDs because supposedly they would last forever, no parts to wear, just a LASER light hitting them, and no erosion. But, for some reason I have some dead/malfunctioning DVDs. Maybe it's my fault, maybe I didn't store them right or something. :unsure:

200.gif

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
But the problem is, DVDs aren't permanent.

They are certainly more permanent than a streaming platform subject to the whims of the organisation, aside from which you can copy them to digital media and have both, skipping is the worst I have encountered but re-polishing usually resolves that.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Watching fried green tomatoes again and again ..what a wonderful film . Kathy bates is such a great actor. Loved all her films but not misery nope to scary for me. Loved her in the tv show disjointed to.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Watching fried green tomatoes again and again ..what a wonderful film . Kathy bates is such a great actor. Loved all her films but not misery nope to scary for me. Loved her in the tv show disjointed to.
If it makes you feel better, in the book her character does something much worse than hobble him.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Well I can't read things more then a few pages for real my mind just wanders if I try lol. .

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
A movie I just saw "Blackberry" tells the story of the rise and fall of Research in Motion (RIM) and Blackberry. It's low budget and not particularly convincing, the top two guys running around screaming at people. Mostly a thumbs down, one I don't recommend re-watching.

The Jobs movie at least had some nostalgia attached to it.

Dave

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Binge watched the real person version of The Tick. I thought at first it was going to stink, but I got hooked, and loved it! Oops, wrong thread. Oh well! 200.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o i know i said this before but lillies of the fieild was perfect .when he said back to that racist prick he the racist rfered to him as boy as the racist walked away the star of movie referee to the racist as boy. i about clapped so hard i hurt my hand

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
But the problem is, DVDs aren't permanent. I have a few that have gone bad for some reason. I bought into CDs and DVDs because supposedly they would last forever, no parts to wear, just a LASER light hitting them, and no erosion. But, for some reason I have some dead/malfunctioning DVDs. Maybe it's my fault, maybe I didn't store them right or something. :unsure:

Yup. Unless such media get to the point of having an extremely hard surface nearly impervious to scratching or damage, all that insertion/removal from the carrying cases keeps rubbing dust and grit into the surface.

Myself, I prefer the DVD/CD medium. But the engineering never did get much past the basic retrieval functionality, before tech changed again and streaming became the norm.

We're a long way from approaching Frank Herbert's imagined ridulian crystal recording media.